We are recruiting for a REPRESENTATIVE / DRIVER for a luxury chalet operator based in Morzine.
Morzine is at the heart of the Portes du Soleil, the world’s largest ski area, and one of Europe’s most popular summer alpine destinations. We are looking for someone for a period of approx. 5 months (early December – late April). A competitive salary is on offer (paid monthly) + holiday pay + bonus upon successful completion of the season of £25 or 30 euros per guest week.
Also... Superb accommodation (with WiFi), food, full Portes du Soleil lift pass or summer Multi-Pass, free ski equipment / free or discounted summer activities, fully comprehensive insurance, travel to and from Morzine (from the UK), an equal share of honesty bar profits and tips. 1 day off per week.
Applicants should be able to fully demonstrate a “can-do” service-orientated approach, smart appearance, happy gregarious personality, self-motivation, teamwork, physical toughness, patience, organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload. Previous experience in hotels, restaurants or other hospitality establishments plus conversational French would be desirable. A confident/careful driver with a full clean driving license, and experience & passion for snow sports and/or summer mountain sports are essential.
Applicants must have:
(a) An EU passport. (b) Sent off for a police record check (ask us for details). (c) EITHER: 2 years professional driving experience (can be accumulated experience that totals 2 years; it can include experience where driving was part of your job as long as we have a letter of proof from a past employer). OR: A ROSPA advanced driving qualification (or be prepared to do this 3-4 day course)
This position is extremely varied as it involves acting as a resort representative, driving company minibuses, guiding and acting as a general ‘dogsbody’ around company property. It is a lynch-pin role for our resort operations. You must be of smart appearance with a happy gregarious personality, dedicated to providing a seamless and exemplary service to all guests. You must also be proactive and completely flexible, adopting an attitude of ‘nothing is too much trouble’. You will be working as a multi-functional team, which may involve helping out in other aspects of resort operations.
Your main duties will consist of:
- Dealing with clients in a detailed, friendly, intuitive and professional manner to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of their holiday. For example:
(i) Providing a point of contact for information and help throughout the duration of their stay.
(ii) Welcoming guests upon arrival and presenting a formal ‘welcome speech’ on the first evening.
(iii) Providing assistance in case of emergencies, e.g. accompanying to doctors, dentists, police etc.
(iv) Taking credit card and cash payments on behalf of Simply Morzine.
- Driving, equipping and maintaining company minibuses. For example:
(i) Providing transfers to and from Geneva airport, railway stations etc.
(ii) In winter, transport to and from ski lifts and around the resort etc.
(iii) In summer, transport to and from activity locations, sightseeing venues etc.
(iv) General upkeep of the chalet vehicles, i.e. washing/valeting and vehicle checks etc.
- In winter, acting as a ski/snowboard companion, accompanying guests to the ski shop, lessons etc.
- General labouring jobs around the company's properties and grounds. For example, Snow/ice clearance, checking/cleaning/maintaining hot-tubs, cleaning vans/terraces/windows/storerooms, sweeping terraces, litter picks, managing bins/recycling, tip runs, clearing drains, gardening & mowing lawns, general errands.
- Occasional serving/cleaning etc to cover chalet hosts in case of illness/emergency/time off etc.
- On changeover day you will be expected to assist in any way possible.
- A vital skill of this job is to create an informative and sociable relationship with guests, without being obtrusive. Discretion and common sense are critical.