Skiworld are looking for passionate Account Executive responsible for developing and generating sales with travel agents and other partners.
You will be a strong communicator, excellent negotiator, have great people skills, a desire to improve the customer experience and show initiative in generating and following up new business opportunities. Skiworld is the largest independent Ski Tour Operator in the UK, run by skiers for skiers, we are made in the mountains.
We will offer a competitive salary, an incentive package, option to participate in the ride to work government backed scheme, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme and the opportunity to develop and extend your skills and responsibilities.
- To develop and generate sales with travel agents and other trade partners in relation to key target areas and new products
- To source new distribution channels and develop effective business relationships with existing travel agents in line with business targets
- Initiate and agree strategy in order to achieve and exceed sales targets for travel agents and other distribution channels through developing effective business relationships, agreeing commercial terms and developing promotional campaigns within budgets
- Responsible for the monitoring and reporting on the performance of travel agency sales and developing new sales and key performance indicators and reporting systems
- Responsible for sourcing new distribution channels and exploring all leads thoroughly through telephone calls, face to face meetings and emails
- Responsible for monthly visits and regular telephone contact with travel agencies, for designing and carrying out regular training sessions to the highest standard
- Responsible for gathering feedback and analysis from Travel Agents regarding our prices, promotions and product in relation to our key competitors and presenting on a monthly basis to the Sales and Commercial Manager
- Calculating all travel agency commission payments and accurately communicating to travel agents for invoicing in line with agreed timescales
- Responsible for the monitoring of customer service questionnaire scores and customer comments in relation to travel agents and providing relevant feedback to travel agents ensuring improvement in customer service levels
- Responsible for working with the Marketing Department with the objective of developing the Skiworld website and online booking for use by travel agents
- Responsible for planning and operating agency educational trips within budgets
- Maintain high levels of product knowledge across all programmes
- In event of a crisis situation, you will be required to be part of one of the allocated crisis teams
- Prepare for, and attend, ski shows and other promotional events.
- Other duties as agreed with the Sales and Commercial Manager
A normal week is 5 days. Lieu days are to be taken in agreement with your line manager. Shifts will be on a rota basis and spread between 8.30 and 19.30. There will also be nights away from home for meetings, promotional events or educationals.
- A “Sales Hungry” person highly motivated by sales achievement
- Highly organised
- Strong client management skills
- Strong people skills with the ability and experience of working with a range of colleagues, clients and customers
- A strong negotiator
- Self-motivated, able to use initiative and work on own
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- A fantastic public speaker
- An effective trainer
- A positive attitude
- Excellent financial awareness
- A professional manner
- A passion for offering fantastic customer service and devising ways to improve service levels
- Excellent time management skills
- To enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Highly competent in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- A keen skier / boarder
- A good knowledge of the ski industry and resorts
- Account management experience
- Experience of working in the travel industry