We are looking for a talented Area Manager to bring out the very best in our amazing resort teams.
Ski Beat are a successful, family friendly, catered chalet company with 30 years’ experience. Our reputation for providing excellent customer service is first class, and our warm, home-from-home welcome is unrivalled. Already operating in Val d'Isère, Méribel, La Plagne, Plan Peisey, La Rosière and La Tania, last year we have expanded our programme to include Arc 1950, Val Thorens and Tignes.
As one of our two Area Managers, you and your colleague will work closely with our Operations Director to ensure our resort teams reach their full potential in their delivery of Ski Beat’s renowned service as well as ensuring high standards are maintained for guests of our non-chalet Topflight and Directski.com brands.
This is a senior role and, for the right candidate, it could be the start of a long and fruitful career with Ski Beat, as many of our seasonal staff have gone on to permanent, year-round positions in the company.
Reporting directly to our Operations Director, you will have overall responsibility for resort operations in your allocated resorts and to ensure Ski Beat, Topflight and Directski.com standards are maintained including:
- Directly managing Resort Managers and Reps across 4-5 resorts.
- Ensuring service levels are maintained and guest issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Supporting Resort Managers and Reps to ensure all procedures and standards set out in the staff manuals are met, including Health & Safety and Hygiene standards.
- Setting guidelines for airport procedures and acting as Airport Manager on transfer day.
- Working with Resort Accounts Manager to maximise profit in resort and keep expenditure to a minimum.
- Supporting and liaising with the Operations Director.
Key Specific Duties
- Provide support and management to your team, including training, implementing reward schemes, disciplinary issues, guidance through queries, and payroll updates.
- Coordinate a suitable après ski programme in all resorts.
- General admin, including resort cash and banking, completing paperwork in a timely manner, insuring H&S procedures are adhered to, maintaining updated "registre du personnel".
- Monitor guest feedback and communicate results to resort and Alpine Management.
- Communicate any serious staff, guest and supplier grievances to the Operations Manager.
- Provide the resort managers with assistance to ensure the prompt resolution of maintenance issues.
- Ensure chalets and resorts are closed up efficiently and left in good order at the end of season and required reports are completed and returned in time.
- Oversight of staff accommodation to ensure standards are being adhered to.
- Ensure resort vehicles are properly maintained and used in accordance with company policy.
- Actively working on improving the processes directly relating to your role and getting involved in general improvement projects across the business.
- Visit your resorts regularly and undertake spot checks of chalets from time to time.
Please note that this overview is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the following skills:
- A track record in bringing out the best in teams to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Experience working winter seasons, preferably with chalets.
- An eye for detail and the ability to pick up new skills quickly.
- Good level of spoken French (not an absolute requirement but it will make the job much easier).
- The patience, flexibility and sense of humour required to succeed in what can, at times, be a demanding role.
- An ability to manage your time effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An aptitude for problem solving.
- An EU passport and a permanent UK National Insurance Number / Irish PPS Number.
- Over 23 years old and clean driver’s licence (for car insurance purposes).
- Good numeracy skills and a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- A health and hygiene qualification or sales management experience would be a bonus.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary plus holiday pay (paid monthly into your UK or Irish bank account), loyalty bonus and performance bonus.
- Good quality, private accommodation close to our French office (near Bourg-st-Maurice).
- Ski hire, season lift passes and lots of opportunity to hit the slopes.
- Columbia uniform, laptop, mobile phone and car.
- Discounted ski holidays for your family and friends.
- Comprehensive winter sports insurance.
- Transport from the UK or Ireland to and from the French Alps.
- Direct support of our Operations Director and her team.
- Management training including Lean Six Sigma.
- The freedom to apply your skills and experience with a high level of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow your career within Ski Beat and the Topflight Travel Group in France, UK, Italy and Ireland.