Have you ever thought of doing a ski season but chalet chef-ing just isn't for you? Do you want to develop your kitchen skills with an exciting menu while living in the French Alps?
Mountain Mavericks could be a perfect fit for you. We operated solely in Morzine part of the Portes du Soliel ski area, one of the largest ski areas in the world. This season we will be running three hotels and we are looking for kitchen staff to work as part of our ever expanding company. Each hotel focuses on different menus that our experienced head chefs have designed fresh this year with a mix of French and English cooking.
If you have experience working as a chef but want a better work/life balance then this could be the perfect position for you. The season is fast approaching so you will need to be able to get to Morzine and start work on the 11th December. We can help you find seasonal accommodation with some of our partners in the resort.
Provision of food and meals for our guests is more than providing necessary sustenance for an active holiday. It is key to their experience and has a great influence on how they will look back on Mountain Mavericks. To this end, we take care in how we present and prepare our food. With an aim to make as much as we can by hand and even when menus are simple, make sure quality is still inherent.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Preparing and cook food.
· Keep all areas and utensils clean and in good working order.
· Follow good work practices in relation to health and hygiene.
· Monitor freshness of ingredients and rotate stock accordingly.
· Clean and tidy staff areas along with other employees on a weekly basis.
· Be environmentally friendly e.g. recycle and use electricity sparingly.
· Reduce waste as much as possible.
· Leave your work area in good order for the next shift to come into.
· Supervise kitchen porter, especially in regards to food preparation.
You must have experience in a similar position to be considered for this role.
You will be required to do a Level 2 Food and Hygiene Certificate if you don't already have one.
You will need to supply your own chefs whites although branded uniform will be provided for certain occasions.
Contract until April 2018.
1495Eur p/Month salary
Working in the beautiful surroundings of the French Alps
With 35 hour weekly shifts you will have plenty of chances to ski and snowboard
Training will be provided
A UK working contract with a competitive wage.