Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
Spend a summer in the Mediterranean sunshine looking after our active equipment. Working as part of our shore-based team, you will take ownership of the active equipment maintenance on the beaches across our programme. We'll cover your accommodation, bills, and food plus additional travel expenses in the package.
You'll need the skills to diagnose and repair a variety of breakages. You will especially need the ability to complete GRP (Glass Re-enforced Plastic) repairs on dinghy and windsurfing equipment.
We want to build and develop the maintenance skills of our existing water sports resort staff; therefore, you must be able to train others as this will play a large part within your role.
There will be occasions where you will need to assist with the beach team operation, so any dinghy, windsurf or powerboating skills would be desirable but is not essential.
There will be occasion’s where we will need you to travel to other Neilson clubs to support the teams with repair work and maintenance training. Flexibility and a willingness to travel is essential.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! Whilst working in this role, you will need the be able to build rapport with ease and interact well with both guests and other team members alike.
You'll need to be motivated by a challenge, ready to deal with any problems as they arise and able to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- To ensure the highest standard of health & safety is adhered to and that guests/staff are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- As a Neilson bosun, you will be efficient at managing your time and your tools to get the job done correctly
- We would expect you to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our equipment is fully functional whenever possible
- To ensure that the appearance of maintenance areas always meets expectations
- The ability to work well, both independently and as part of the team
- To assist the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
Essential (Additional training can be provided for the right candidate)
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract
- Level 2 Award in COSHH Risk assessment
- Abrasive Wheels certification
- Angle Grinder qualification or experience
- Knowledge and experience of all type of GRP/Gelcoat repairs
- Knowledge of Dinghy and Windsurf spares
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Previous customer service experience
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Windsurf or Dinghy Instructor qualification
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) powerboat level 2 qualification
- Experience of working in a watersports environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- The ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative maintenance sessions for staff
- The ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Able to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work unsupervised
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance (wherever possible)