Reporting to the Chalet Manager, the Chalet Assistant is jointly (with the Chalet Manager, Chef(s) and Chalet Assistant/Driver) responsible for the day to day management of the assigned chalet, ensuring that the guests' needs are met at all times while maintaining the Company's standards.
The Chalet Assistant's main main role is one of hostess, waitress and housekeeper/chambermaid. All of the cooking is done by the chalet's professional chef.
No shopping or budgeting duties
Must have significant prior hands-on experience in the hotel and catering industry, e.g., waitressing and/ or chamber-maiding, in high level establishments (e.g., super-yachts, 5* hotels, 2 AA rosette level restaurants).
Must be good at working as part of a team, have extremely high work standards, be customer-focused, self motivated, take pride in your work at all times and be conscientious.
While previous chalet work or spoken French is not a requirement, it can be an advantage.
Service : General
- Creates a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests
- Is available to answer any questions, or resolve any problems that the guests may have, always aiming to do whatever they reasonably can to ensure that guests have the best possible skiing holiday, whether on or off the slopes. To enable this, is knowledgeable about the resort, its facilities, the Purple Ski brochure and the Staff Manual.
- Refers any complaints to Karen or Michael
- On changeover day, helps clients arrange servicing and/or hire of ski equipment, also ski lessons etc. as required
- Ensures that all guests are provided with welcome literature and emergency contact cards
- Ensures an effective handover to the relief staff (who provide cover on your day off) so that the standard of service is maintained. On the day off of the chalet manager, takes the lead in any customer facing issues.
Service : Housekeeping
- Ensures that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in/around the chalet at all times, including at end of season. Cleans and tidies the following areas daily (kitchen, food storage areas and dining room/area are the chef's responsibility):
- Vacuums and/or mops floors/carpets in all bedrooms and common areas
- Refreshes sofa and other cushions
- Makes beds
- Tidies guests' bedrooms
- Cleans bathroom sanitary-ware and surfaces
- Cleans interior and exterior of windows as necessary
- Carries out bedroom turn-down service during evening dinner service
- On changeover day, works closely with all others on the chalet team to do whatever is needed to ensure a smooth and pleasant transition for the guests and efficient changeover for staff. Changes all linen and towels, thoroughly cleans chalet.
- Changes bath and hand towels mid-week
- Washes and irons "small" linen such as napkins, tablecloths, chef's whites, tea towels etc
- Launders guest personal clothing as required
- Washes up and polishes all glasses, crockery, cutlery and pans etc
- Counts and bags up used linen/laundry ready for collection, labels bags, completes checklist(s). When clean laundry is returned, verifies receipts against the checklist and puts it away. Reports any issues (loss/damage etc.) to Karen or Michael
- In conjunction with the others in the team, sets up and closes down the chalet at the start and end of the season
Service : Meals/Drinks/Other
- Helps the chef in the preparation of breakfast as required. Also serves, clears and washes up.
- Lays out and clears away afternoon tea.
- Helps the chef in the preparation of menus, packed lunches, children's high teas and dinner as required.
- Lays table for, serves and clears, dinner (including canapes etc.)
- Lays out and clears coffee and after-dinner drinks and petit fours in the evening
- Stocks up the guests' bar/fridge
- Ensures that a bowl of fresh fruit is available to guests at all times
- Receives, arranges and maintains fresh flowers each week
- Helps the chef manage stocks of all items/requirements for the chalet, including helping to prepare and submit orders to the Supplies and Maintenance Manager on a timely basis, perform stock takes and explain any exceptional usage as requested.
- Prepares and maintains an inventory of all household equipment as required/requested
- Maintains an inventory of all linen, and ensures that future weeks' requirements can be met
- Encourages guests to sign the visitors' book