Based in Val d'Isere, we provide a bespoke, luxury ski holidays for private and corporate clients. Working as part of a small, friendly and dedicated team you are expected to deliver exceptional service throughout your working season. We promise our clients excellent service with attention to detail and expect our staff to provide this at all times. We also expect our staff to ensure that our guests come first at all times, and that the full enjoyment of their holiday is of paramount importance. Our high service level combined with an individual approach is what our customers identify with most.
To help run a clean, efficient and cost effective chalet, ensuring excellent food quality and service, with exceptionally high standards ensuring customer satisfaction at all times. We have developed a strong reputation for outstanding food, client care and a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude. Your contribution to realising this will be essential.
As chef you will have an extremely strong focus on customer food that shows quality of produce, creative presentation and flair. You will also have the ability to relate well to people and their needs, dietary or otherwise. You will work to a budget and have the flexibility to respond to individual guests needs. We encourage our chefs to not work to fixed menus but to be creative and bring something to the table that is unique and memorable.
Outline requirements for the role are as follows:-
- Bespoke menu discussion with the party leader prior to their arrival to create a level of comfort and professionalism
- Prepare a well-balanced and interesting menu that offers the guest interest, creativity and flexibility.
- Freshly prepare and cook, breakfast (at least one cooked option each morning), afternoon tea (freshly baked on the day), and a four course meal six days a week within a generous budget. Dinner will be to a very high standard, with presentation being as important as the quality of the food. You may be required to prepare a simpler separate menu for children.
- A selection of canapés will be prepared once a week normal on the first evening, but may additionally be required on special occasions, as required.
- Once a week (on change-over day, Sundays) you will work as part of the chalet team to make sure all rooms are cleaned and prepared for new guests.
- You may also be asked to help in other chalets or combine to work with other chefs to prepare for larger groups
- You may also be asked to prepare food for cocktail parties or special events instead of diner on certain occasions.
- Ensuring maximum use of all food stocks and limiting wastage through stock takes and menu planning.
- Ordering of or shopping for all food items from agreed suppliers and checking that any goods delivered to the chalet are as ordered and correct in quantity.
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area, paying particular attention to health and hygiene standards.
- Socialising with chalet guests, creating an ambience in the chalet where the guests feel welcome and relaxed at all times.
- Present a positive image of the company at all times and wear company uniform or chefs whites as highlighted in the staff guidebook
- Submit your paperwork (where required) on time and in good order.
- Ensure all our clients’ expectations are met, if not exceeded, at all times.
- Provide staff meals when requested and ensure food order collections are adhered to around the needs of the guest first.
- Greet guests and help with luggage when necessary on arrival and departure
- Have a flexible attitude to your role, company, team members and clients.
- UK or EU passport, or current working visa.
- Relevant qualifications and/or professional experience.
- Full clean driving licence (desirable).