Job Description for Chalet Chef
The role of the chef is to organize the smooth running of your chalet kitchen and to serve superior quality meals with emphasis on fresh produce and excellent presentation. We expect all our chefs have flair for their chosen career and to be passionate about cooking. You will work along side a chalet host who is mainly responsible for housekeeping and hosting duties. However, your roles will overlap and we would expect you to work as a team so that you run your chalet to the very best of your ability and ensure that your guests are comfortable and enjoying a high standard of cuisine and personal service for which our client is renowned. Our aim is to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have the very best holiday experience.
As a guide line your responsibilities will include:
1. Menu planning, shopping, ordering and stock control.
2. Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean at all times, paying special attention to kitchen hygiene.
3. Meals that are provided by the chef are as follows-
• Breakfast- a choice of continental & cooked breakfast to order.
• Afternoon Tea- homemade cakes or biscuits.
• Selection of homemade Canapés, served with pre dinner drinks.
• Dinner- a three course fine dining menu, well balanced with the emphasis on fresh ingredients. Cheese board selection and Coffee to follow.
• Special dietary requirements eg. Vegetarians and Children meals will need to be catered for.
4. Working within a generous but precise budget, submitting weekly chalet accounts to the Resort Manager.
5. Submitting weekly menu plans and writing up the daily menu board to present to guests each morning.
6. Hosting the guests when appropriate. Serving at meals and assisting the chalet host when required, such as helping with changeover day duties. General chalet duties such as snow clearing, chopping wood, keeping outdoor areas clean and tidy, assisting with the hot tub cleaning & daily maintenance etc
7. Ensuring a warm welcome to your guests on arrival, discuss dietary requests and proposed menus directly with guests. Pre arrival information on menus may be requested by guests.
8. Liaising with the Resort Managers on a regular basis to discuss guest requirements & details.
JOB PACKAGE FOR CHEFS