Flexiski have been selling tailor-made ski holidays for over 30 years. We’re flexible to our core, getting clients to the mountains in the quickest, easiest and most convenient way possible, all whilst delivering an impeccable experience.
We’re trusted adventurers who are as fanatical for the mountain as our customers are. We think off piste using our team’s experience to orchestrate exceptional, bespoke ski trips. We do this whilst being honest and open, sharing some of our favourite moments on the mountains in order to build trust and a lifetime of recommendations from our clients.
The overseas team in our chalets play one of the most important roles in ensuring our clients have a ski holiday to remember. If that sounds like something you want to be part of for winter 2018/19, get in touch.
What you will be doing:
Catering / budgeting
- Cost effective planning and preparation of an exciting, appropriate, and inviting daily menu including breakfast, afternoon tea, biscuits, canapés, and dinner party style evening meal including cheese and coffee
- Cater for special dietary requirements as and when required, sometimes at short notice
- Preparation of the weekly food order whilst remaining within budget. Ensure to be present for the food deliveries and/or weekly shopping run down the mountain
- Train the chalet team to assist you in preparation and the competent delivery of full breakfast on your day off
- Provide adequate employee meals every night except your night off
- Constantly look to improve the dishes week-on-week
- Support and advise chalet team in food service techniques and standards
- Lead the chalet team whilst they are in the kitchen whilst remaining ever conscious of the importance of your role in keeping the team well motivated
- Interact with the customers regularly
- Constantly seek out ways to improve the level of service or product to the customer within the given parameters of the Flexiski product points
- Daily cleaning duties to maintain impeccable standards of hygiene in the kitchen. Ensure a thorough clean down is completed after each food service
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness standards throughout all kitchen and dining areas. Regularly deep clean the kitchen, food storage areas, fridges, freezers and all associated food preparation/storage areas
Weekly reports & accounts
- Provide weekly menu plan, daily temperature control logs and all delivery notes to your line manager
- Assist with weekly accounts to ensure budget control. Completion of health and safety reports as and when necessary including any local government paperwork. It is imperative that you follow Flexiski health and hygiene standards and operate within them at all times. The kitchen will be subject to regular checks and audits.
- Any other relevant paperwork as requested by your manager.
- Ensure your presentation is immaculate and behaviour professional whilst with the clients or representing the company
- During the season you may be required to work varied shifts in order to ensure that our property is running efficiently at all times. Property operational times such as breakfast and dinner may vary depending on arrivals, departures and special events.
What type of person are we looking for:
- Proven catering experience for up to 15-40 people, ideally in a chalet environment but certainly in an environment where responsible for the complete delivery of the meal rather than individual components.
- Holds or working towards NVQ II or III in catering and hospitality (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of working in a commercial kitchen environment, managing budgets and stock and to be aware of standard hygiene practices
- Substantial experience in menu creation and budgetary controls with the ability to balance service versus costs.
- Well organised and dedicated with an ability to be flexible and adaptable. Confident dealing with clients face to face and actively seek out opportunities to do this.
- Exceptional standards of cleanliness and hygiene on both a personal and professional level
- A driving license (desirable)
What we offer:
• Competitive salary paid monthly into a UK bank account
• All meals provided whilst on duty
• Travel to and from resort from a UK airport
• Travel Insurance
• Pre-season training
• Free Equipment hire
• Opportunity for progression, and all year round working opportunities across the wider Travelopia business