Experienced Chalet Chef
NomadicSki is a privately-owned bespoke chalet company in the centre of the world-renowned resort of Chamonix.
We provide top quality catered chalet holidays in this incredible resort in the heart of the Alps. And we are passionate about our food!
We require independent, mature people with a good understanding of the hospitality industry and will consider couples too.
Chamonix is a superb year-round resort. In winter it offers the best on and off-piste skiing in the Alps. But there is so much more than just the mountains. Chamonix is a town in its own right, rather than just a resort, so there is plenty on offer when not skiing!
From our staff we expect a whole-hearted commitment to the demanding, exciting job and a consistently great attitude towards colleagues and clients. In return we offer a very competitive package and the opportunity to live in Chamonix.
We are currently recruiting: Experienced and/or qualified Chefs for our Catered Chalets to join our team in Chamonix. We will also consider couples - a chef and chalet-host for example.
We also run a full summer program so offer the opportunity to live and work both seasons and enjoy the Chamonix alpine lifestyle year-round.
Some professional training is required and plenty of confidence to deliver modern cuisine that incorporates local produce and seasonal ingredients.
This role would suit a chef looking for a more interactive environment and the opportunity to develop their personal style whilst being based in the fantastic resort of Chamonix.
You will be required to serve breakfast, afternoon-tea and a sumptuous three-course evening meal six days a week.
You will also be responsible for contributing towards the cleanliness of the chalet and weekly food budgeting and ordering. A clean driving licence is certainly a plus.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not restricted to:
• Meeting and greeting guests on arrival
• Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal
• Creating homemade canapés
• Plating, presenting and serving food to restaurant-standard
• Carrying out a weekly stock take and food order within a given budget
• Maintaining all health, safety and hygiene regulations
• Cleaning the kitchen, and where necessary, other areas, to an exceptional standard
• Working with a chalet host to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and service
• Being responsible for the immediate reporting and resolution of all relevant maintenance problems
The ideal candidate:
• Is flexible, reliable and can work autonomously
• Has experience of cooking for groups of up to 20 people
• Can plan menus taking into consideration children and guests with specific dietary requirements
• Can manage a catering budget and order accordingly
• Has a good understanding of H&S and a food hygiene qualification
• Has an friendly personality
• Is available to work from approximately the beginning of December 2019 until the end of April 2020, however we will consider applicants who can only work part of the season and also candidates who would like to work for our summer clients
• EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France