MORZINE, LES ARCS, TIGNES
We have a few remaining vacancies for the "best of the best" in our lovely chalets in Morzine & Les Arcs. This requires competent chefs and hosts with appropriate experience or talented amateur chefs who are confident they can deliver.
- Winter chalet, summer villa or private yacht experience and/or at least 2 years commercial work experience
- Host: must have customer service and/or hospitality experience and professional housekeeping or evidence of cleaning to a high standard
- Chef: must be able to cook competently.
- Qualified chefs: Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guilds Chef Qualification or extensive experience within a professional kitchen
- Non-qualified chefs: Domestic cooking for groups and dinner parties or completion of a reputable chalet cookery course
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner at all times and consistently throughout the season. Be presentable with clean uniform at all times.
- Prepare, cook and serve our fabulous fixed menu which is defined during pre-season training and ensuring meals are presented on time, at the right temperature, in the right portion sizes and looking great.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they have everything they require and are enjoying their holiday. Be knowledgeable about your chalet, resort and the food and wine we serve. Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible. Actively promote Snowchateaux’s services and chalets. Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative) to the Manager.Go the extra mile on special occasions such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- Kitchen and store management (cleaning and organisation). Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Hygiene legislation at all times, completing the necessary records.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control (maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, wine, beer, cleaning supplies and wood) in order to not exceed the budget set for the season.
- Apply conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating, water, large appliances such as washing machines) and recycling and waste disposal. Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Chefs clean kitchens and Hosts clean the chalet: Adhere to the Daily and Weekly Cleaning Schedules. Conduct daily housekeeping of the rooms, bathrooms and communal areas to a high standard of cleanliness. Conduct a thorough clean of the entire chalet on transfer days to a very high standard. Manage your linen and towel stock.
- Ensure snow is cleared from paths, steps and balconies so that access to all areas is safe at all times.
- Maintain the hot tub, sauna and steam room and compete the necessary records to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Paperwork: Complete and maintain various records.
- Maintenance: Carrying out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the chalet such as changing light bulbs. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages in a timely manner.
- Comply with all legislation, company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to Food Safety & Hygiene legislation, Health & Safety policy, HACCP & COSHH and Fire regulations at all times and ensure the necessary records are completed
We expect our team to ‘go the extra mile’ and have a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude and we believe in empowering you to take ownership of your chalets. That’s a lot of trust! We expect you to hard work to ensure our high standards are met and maintained, being Ambassadors for the company and ensuring that our guests have an amazing holiday.
Are you…Outgoing? Approachable? Confident? Resourceful? Dynamic? Efficient? Quick? Professional? Friendly? Proactive? Happy?
We are at the forefront of complying with French working regulations and offer you a fantastic deal in return for your hard work. In fact seasonnaire life has never been so good, so come and be part of the team!
In line with French working regulations, we are offering on a French contract:
- A 39 hour working week = an unprecedented amount of free/ski time!
- 2 days off per week (which may be 1 full day and 2 half days)
- Holiday pay (approx. 10% of gross pay)
We also offer:
- A generous contribution towards return travel costs on successful completion of the season on the date desired by the company. Airport transfers are provided free of charge. This is subject to the satisfactory return of guest and staff accommodation and vehicles for drivers, ski tech’s and maintenance at the end of season.
- The opportunity to rent good quality subsidised accommodation based on a maximum of 3 sharing (& no bunks!) paid in instalments
- Rental of a substantially discounted season Lift Pass paid in 4 monthly instalments
- Free food and uniform
- Free use of company ski/board equipment
- Free Medical Insurance for UK nationals or Carte Neige for Eu (non UK) nationals
- Free use of linen, towels and self-service laundry
- Free WIFI
You must have (and be able to prove you have) the following:
- EU passport OR be already in possession of a French Working Visa
- EU Social Security number OR UK National Insurance number which has been valid for at least 12 months prior to employment OR French Working Visa for full term of employment
- EU/UK based Bank Account
- EU/UK permanent registered address or addresses for at least 12 months prior to employment
- Level 2 Food Hygiene course completed within the last 5 years (an interview and offer of employment may be granted prior to completion of this course but subject to completion of the course if you have not already completed it)
All offers of employment are also subject to our ability to employ you in France and two satisfactory work references.
Please email a clear and concise CV along with a Cover letter or email highlighting why you think you are the best candidate for the job, as well as a recent photo and your Date of Birth.