AMAZING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN A LUXURY FAMILY CHALET IN COURCHEVEL 1650
We are an English family looking for an experienced and enthusiastic couple to run and manage our chalet this season. One of the couple will be a chef, the other will be our chalet host.
The chef will be professionally trained, with proven experience in catering, and be comfortable working on their own to deliver a fine dining experience for anything up to 14 guests, six days of the week, throughout the season.
The chalet host's role will involve looking after the family, including their friends and family, housekeeping and you will be “front of house” at meals, ensuring that the quality of the food delivered by the chef is matched by your levels of service. Previous experience in the catering and hospitality industry is a real bonus, but not a pre-requisite for an applicant. you will have a positive outlook to work, and an ability to get on with people of all ages, from children to grandparents.
* Offering warm hospitality and looking after the family, including their friends and family, during their stay
* Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast with cooked option, afternoon tea with homemade cakes, canapés, a 4-course evening meal (including cheese course) and a separate children's evening meal 6 days a week
* Preparing, laying out, plating up and clearing of all meals
* Daily cleaning and tidying of the chalet (making beds, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and any shared space in the chalet)
* Weekly cleaning of chalet on change-over-day, preparing for the arrival of new guests
* Weekly stock-take, and shopping for food, according to a budget and guest levels
* Maintaining and observing all hygiene, health and safety standards
* Clearing show and ice from steps, paths and parking spots
* Preparing kindling and laying and lighting fires most evenings
* Occasional driving of family to and from Courchevel 1850 and restaurants
* Ad-hoc other duties as required
You will both need EU passports, a UK National Insurance Number and a UK bank account. Ideally at least one of you will hold a clean, valid drivers' licence and over the age of 25 (for car insurance purposes).
We offer an incredible package:
* Competitive weekly wage into a UK bank account
* Accommodation in your own studio across the road from the chalet. All bills, excluding food/drink and phone, included
* Return flight to and from the UK and transfers to and from resort at the start and end of the season
* Full season ski pass including French insurance (Carre Neige)
* One day off per week
* £500 each towards ski and boot hire
Start date will be around 11 December 2017.