Hi, we are Nick & Jayne and we are looking for a couple to run our lovely 5 bed ski chalet for the 2019-20 winter season.
The chalet is modern and built to a high standard with 5 bedrooms, in the small, pedestrianised resort of Oz en Oisans which is linked to Alpe D'Huez. We are a caring, family owned and run company wanting people with initiative and flair to offer our guests a home from home holiday experience.
We would like to hire two people to work together:
• Chalet Chef
• Chalet host/housekeeper
Either a couple or two friends, who can help us make the ski chalet experience relaxed, fun and memorable. You will need to be a qualified chef for the chalet chef position, as well as having a genuine flair for cooking and a love of food.
Your main duties for the chalet will be
- Welcoming the guests and ensuring they have all they need during their stay
- Prepare and serve delicious and well-presented 3 course meals for up to 12 guests, 6 nights of the week
- Provide breakfast, with a cooked option and afternoon tea with freshly baked cake
- Make the beds, clean the bathrooms, do the laundry and keep the living and cooking areas clean on a daily basis
- Do the weekly shopping
- Thoroughly clean the chalets in preparation for the arrival of new guests on changeover day
- Show the guests the resort and ski area
- Day to day book keeping for shopping etc
We are looking for down to earth people who are passionate about skiing/snowboarding, enjoy meeting new people and take pride in delivering a good quality service. Previous experience in a ski resort is highly desired and catering experience for the chef role is essential. Relevant cleaning experience is a definite advantage as we aim to provide a very high standard of cleanliness.
The following are essential requirements:
- At least three experience working within a professional kitchen (Chef)
- At least two years experience working within the hospitality industry (Chalet host)
- Full, Clean UK Driving license (ideally both will have this)
As you would expect from a family-run business, we offer an excellent, competitive salary of £700 per month per person, with the potential for very good tips. As there are two of you to run the chalet our team last year found they had plenty of free time to get out skiing on the mountain.
In addition, there is:
- Full area Alpe D'Huez/Grande Rousses lift pass
- Season rental of skis or board
- All meals while on duty
- Accommodation with en-suite facilities within the chalet
...and finally, Chilled Mountain...
The chalet is located within 50 metres of ski lifts taking guests straight up to Alpe d'Huez. The ski hire shop, crèche facilities and a number of bars and restaurants are all within a 2 minute walk from the chalets. Chilled Mountain's chalet facilities are targeted at families or groups of friends.
The chalet is generally let for sole occupancy by one group, but we do rent to smaller groups as well.
Our aim is to provide a relaxed environment with everything that our guests need for a ski holiday within easy reach. If you think you could help us deliver this service and take the opportunity to enjoy some great alpine sports too, then why not get in touch and send us your CV.