Join our enthusiastic, motivated & professional team in the mountains. You will be working in one of our resorts in the French Alps (Les Gets, La Plagne or Les Menuires – 3 Valleys).
Ski Famille is a privately owned company established in 1990. We are pioneering family skiing specialists run by a highly motivated team. We are passionate about helping families with young children to have an amazing and hassle free experience on their family skiing holiday.
Ski Famille hosts look after our family guests in Alpine chalets sleeping 9 to 30 guests.
As a Chalet Host you will use your skills and passion for hospitality and customer service every day; your role is to provide our guests with a high-quality service in a family-friendly environment. Ski Famille chalets sleep from 9 guests to 30 guests and in larger chalets you will be working alongside a second host and chef.
We are looking for well presented, dedicated individuals with experience in hospitality and customer services. You will have a well-developed eye for detail and enjoy interacting with your guests. Formal qualifications or previous experience working overseas are not required; energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
- Provide a welcoming family friendly environment in your chalet
- Display a well-developed knowledge of your resort and the activities and facilities on offer to families
- Serve meals, canapes and drinks to your guests
- Assist the Chalet Chef with preparation of meals and food deliveries
- Carry out daily housekeeping duties including cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms and communal guest areas
- Carry out a weekly deep clean of the chalet on guest changeover days
- Ensure you are always attentive to the needs of your guests and actively seeking out opportunities to make their holiday fun and trouble free
- We don’t insist on formal qualifications, but you will be able to demonstrate a passion for helping families enjoy their holiday in a safe, clean and well-presented environment.
- Previous experience in Hospitality
- Great self-motivation and organisational skills
- Confidence and the ability to interact well with both adult and child guests
- Availability for the whole season (December 2018 until April 2019)
- UK Passport holders only – Unfortunately, a working visa is not acceptable
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK Bank Account
- Current Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- We will conduct DBS (previously CRB) checks as well as taking up at least two references
Package & Benefits
Ski Famille is proud of the number of staff who return year after year. We want to ensure we recruit the best people and support them to make the most of their time in the mountains. We offer you
- A highly competitive salary
- Accommodation for the duration of the season
- Lift Pass and ski/board equipment hire
- Accident and medical insurance
- Return air travel from the UK
- Comprehensive training in resort
- End of season bonus
- A fantastic opportunity & life experience