As a Host, you will have the drive to provide exceptional holiday experiences for every guest; this is a hands-on role where you will need to anticipate guests needs & be flexible to tailor your service to each & every guest. Taking pride in your work, and having extremely high standards of work are part of who you are. You will also enjoy working as part of a small team and be well presented.
St Martin de Belleville, France. St Martin is a beautiful, traditional mountain village, small, friendly and directly linked into the heart of the 3 Vallées ski area.
· Highly competitive salary
· Live out accommodation close to the chalet
· Most food & drink
· FULL 3 vallees lift pass (covers the Belleville valley, Meribel & Courchevel; worth £1000)
· Ski/board and boot hire
· Ski insurance
· Transport to & from the UK
· Holiday pay
Ideally over 25 years; for vehicle insurance purposes, and younger applicants are unlikely to have sufficient experience
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Hospitality professional with a minimum of 3 years hospitality experience
· Proven history of consistently giving exceptional, tailored customer service
· Front of house service experience in fine dining restaurants (AA Rosette or Michelin star) or hospitality experience in luxury/boutique hotels
· Have skied/boarded for a minimum of 3 weeks
· Full driving licence (ideally)
· UK national insurance number & UK bank account
ABILITIES & QUALITIES
Successful candidates will have the following key qualities & attributes:
· Personable, approachable and confident communicator
· Have a genuine passion and knowledge for quality service & a genuine desire to deliver exceptional service
· Relationships: able to quickly & easily build relationships with guests. Able to relate well to different types of people of all ages; listen to and get on with all guests.
· Guest focused: always put the guest first and are committed to delight them. Work hard to meet guest needs and look after their interests.
· Team player: able to develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues. Are considerate towards them and create a sense of team spirit.
· Resilient: remain calm and self-controlled under pressure. React well to change and stay positive.
· Quality orientated: provide a high-quality service. Maintain high professional standards and get work right the first time. Take pride in your appearance.
· Organisation: organise own time effectively and create own work schedules. Prioritise and prepare in advance. Able to work unsupervised.
· Reliable: follow directions from Company owners and respect policies and procedures. Show commitment to the company and job completion.
· Create outstanding holiday experiences for guests
· Deliver a bespoke, tailored service to each & every guest
· Check regularly with guests that they have everything they need & want. For example, food & service times; chalet facilities & amenities; instructors & guides meet their needs. Respond immediately to any requests.
· Anticipate guests needs & provide the appropriate service
· Be proactive in identifying & recommending opportunities to enhance guest satisfaction & their experience
· Create a warm, welcoming & homely atmosphere from arrival, throughout guests holiday to their departure
· On change over day work as a team with the Chef & Chauffeur/Resort Assistant to ensure guests leaving and arriving are considered and welcomed professionally (provide tea, settle into rooms, move luggage etc).
· Assist in preparing breakfast, afternoon tea and a 6-course evening dinner 6 days/week
· Lay tables for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner, with different table decorations each day
· Serve and clear breakfast & dinner. Clear afternoon tea (guests help themselves to afternoon tea)
· Provide breakfast early on departure day & dinner late on arrival day to meet guests needs
· Lay up breakfast the night before a day off and ensure everything is ready, easily accessible and clean for the Chauffeur/Resort Assistant providing the service
· Stock the chalet with wine, beer and mixers daily
· Introduce the evening menu & wine pairings.
· Maintain excellent standards of cleanliness, hygiene & safety at all times
· Clean & present the chalet on a daily basis to an immaculate standard - to include making beds, tidying rooms, hoovering & mopping, cleaning bathrooms, tidying guest areas
· Work & maintain the chalet & equipment in a safe, operational & hygienic way
· Wash up and stack the dishwasher after all meals
· Clear paths, steps & balconies, remove rubbish; lay fire.
· On change over day work as a team with the Chef & Resort Assistant to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standards and ready and welcoming for guests arrival
· Organise the chalet laundry ensuring laundry is counted, recorded, bagged, collected and of sufficient quantity & quality
· Launder tea towels, cleaning cloths & napkins; iron napkins.
· Monitor drinks, cleaning materials stocks & place orders (working with the Chef as appropriate)
· Manage chalet variable costs (i.e. electricity, heating, logs, wine)
· Give out customer feedback forms and encourage guests to complete them
· Complete ‘Guest Diary’ - record guest preferences, likes & dislikes, recommendations on a weekly basis
· Ensures guests settle bills for any extras incurred during the holiday (e.g., champagne, extra wines, etc.)
· Liaise with Helen on a regular basis to discuss guest requirements, details & bookings.
· On some mornings, the Host/Chef will provide cover for the Chauffeur & takes guests to the lifts
· On shopping day, drive to the cash & carry in Albertville.
· In the event of staff absence/sickness etc, you will be asked to provide cover for Chauffeur/Resort Assistants & Chalet Hosts performing all chalet-related duties as described in job descriptions.