Back for 2019 - one of the original chalet cookery courses in the Alps!
Our chalet cookery course is brilliant fun and is set in an authentic chalet in a real ski resort to set you up with all the skills you will need for a fabulous season in the Alps.
Who should do this course?
• Are you preparing to embark on your first season as a ski chalet host, but worried that your cooking skills may let you down?
• Are you unsure if you would really like to be a chalet host in the Alps and would like to try it out for a week?
• Would you like to work for Snowchateaux and enhance the possibility of securing employment for winter season 2019/20?
What are the entry requirements for this course?
• you should enjoy cooking frequently at home
• you should enjoy working with people and be able to interact with groups of all ages
• you should have an aptitude for hard work and be able to engage meticulous hygiene skills
Where is the course held?
Our chalet cookery course set in the winter ski resort of La Rosiere, situated on the border between France and Italy.
Snowchateaux cookery course
The aim of the course is to teach you how to prepare delicious meals for your guests in an authentic ski chalet setting, so that you can start the season with confidence and enjoy your job from the very first day.
The course is run in one of our superb ski chalets, by accomplished chefs and hosts who will be happy, not only to teach you the skills you will need to be a successful host, but to answer questions and provide advice from their own experience as ski chalet hosts.
You’ll be learning in a typical chalet kitchen at altitude to provide as authentic an experience as possible. Upon completion of the course you will have a better understanding of menu planning, the importance of ingredients and the principles of cooking.
You will work similar hours to those expected of a host. There will be plenty of hands on experience and courses will consist of a maximum of 8 participants so there will be plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
Topics that you will cover include:
• Food hygiene requirements
• Baking and cooking at altitude
• Basic skills and techniques
• Time management skills to maximise ski time
• Amazing Christmas Day
• The importance with special dietary needs
• Tasty vegetarian and vegan options • Coping if things go wrong in the kitchen
• Perfectly presented food and tables • Preparing six three course meals
• Options for fussy eaters and children
Each day of cooking will start at 8am where you will cover a different topic of skill each morning with lots of hands on preparation and experience. You will stop for lunch around midday, where you will eat and discuss what you have produced during the morning session.
The cost of this exciting, valuable course is just £500 including all meals and airport transfers on a shared room basis.
*Note, Last winter Snowchateaux employed 90% of all students who successfully completes this course. Interviews will be given now to anyone who books the course.