We now only have positions for single hosts (cooks) in Val Thorens, Arcs 1950, La Rosiere, Plan Peisey and a couple of positions in La Plagne. Are you a fantastic and confident cook having worked in a kitchen and/or completed a cookery course, do you love hosting your guests and happy to run a chalet by yourself then read on.
Are you somebody with a drive to provide an exceptional holiday experience for our customers, in a challenging and highly rewarding role in the heart of the beautiful French Alps? If so, read on. Ski Beat is all about providing amazing winter holidays to our customers, while ensuring that our staff have the opportunity to thrive in a highly supported and fun environment.
We are looking for both individual hosts and chalet host couples/friends to run our catered chalets, who can provide an amazing holiday experience and can cook our delicious menu plan using their proven, excellent catering skills.
The hosts we employ to join our creative and competent team are professional, friendly and enthusiastic. It is a job for someone who likes to meet people, be a great team player, cook and entertain, while maintaining our high cleaning standards, managing budgets and planning the day to day running of a high altitude Alpine chalet.
- Being a warm and friendly host to the guests and dealing with any guest issues that may arise
- The day to day running of the chalet
- Complying with all procedures & standards as set out in the staff manuals
- Supporting and liaising regularly with your manager
Key Specific Duties
- Care for guests each week with a warm and friendly manner, assisting with all their requirements and resolving any issues that may arise. Your Resort Manager is available to support you with any major guest issues that may arise.
- Provide resort information and ski area information, and assist with any queries that arise.
- Prepare and serve breakfast, and three course evening meal six days a week as per Ski Beat menu plan, and dine with guests. Also cook an equally delicious high tea for children when required.
- Provide freshly baked cakes for afternoon tea seven days a week.
- Keep all areas of the chalet clean at all times; including a daily clean of bedrooms, a weekly transfer day clean and regular in-depth cleaning.
- Day to day chalet management, including budgeting, managing linen supplies, food and wine ordering, keeping pathway clear of ice and snow and basic maintenance
- Being a conscientious member of the resort team, assisting other team members as required
Please note that this overview is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the following skills:
- A friendly and helpful manner, and a willingness to go that extra mile.
- A desire to put guests' needs first and ensure they have a fantastic holiday.
- An ability to demonstrate menu planning.
- A flair and a passion for cooking.
- The capacity to work well under pressure.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
- A love of skiing or snowboarding and all things Alpine, or at least a strong desire to learn.
- An ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player.
- A neat and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- An eye for detail.
- First rate timekeeping.
- An ability to work to a budget.
- A practical and hands on approach.
- Enthusiasm and dedication.
- Your own laptop.
- An EU passport and a permanent UK National Insurance Number / Irish PPS Number.
- A cooking diploma or ability to cook appetising meals for between 6 and 18 people
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry would be preferable
Applying as a couple/ friends:
- If you are applying as a couple, then evidence of having worked as a team with your partner will be required.
- We have no positions available for single hosts who cannot cook.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary plus holiday pay (paid monthly into your UK or Irish bank account), loyalty bonus and performance bonus.
- Good quality accommodation in your resort and meals.
- Ski hire, season lift passes and lots of opportunity to hit the slopes.
- Columbia uniform.
- Discounted ski holidays for your family and friends.
- Comprehensive winter sports insurance.
- Transport from the UK or Ireland to and from the French Alps.
- Two weeks pre-season training plus exceptional ongoing support from our Resort Managers and our local French team.
- The freedom to apply your skills and experience with a high level of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow your career within Ski Beat and the Topflight Travel Group in France, UK, Italy and Ireland.