Are You A Born Entertainer and a Food Loving People Person..?
Roles in Val d'Isere, St Anton, Courchevel and Meribel
We hope so. As becoming one of our hand-selected Chalet Hosts, you are an Ambassador for Powder White and generally seen as the make or break of any guests' holiday. So if you love food and love getting to know people then you've already stepped in the right direction towards becoming a Chalet Host with us.
We are looking for Chalet Hosts with a really strong work ethic who share our passion for providing incredible home from home experiences. We need people who are prepared to go that extra mile to not only meet our and our guests' high expectations but to exceed these with real pride. If you truly believe you have what it takes then we would love to hear from you...
So what does the Chalet Host role involve?
Variety! As a Chalet Host you will be required to manage every aspect of running your very own hand-picked chalet for the season. It is often hard work and the hours are long but the rewards are endless. Here are just a few of the responsibilities that will fall at your door...
- Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts and lovingly prepared 4 course evening meals (with canapés) on 6 nights a week.
- Undertake daily housekeeping of the entire chalet, weekly changeover and regular deep cleans.
- Shopping on a weekly basis using cash and an account. You will be responsible for staying within an allowance figure allocated, accounting for all expenditure.
- Providing guests with the Powder White Product as marketed and sold and as trained on.
- Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene
- Faultless and courteous Chalet hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests to include booking restaurants or helping arrange ski packs as well as seamless entertaining whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Work to detailed Health & Safety Regulations and ensure that all elements of the property are in full working order.
- Attend both weekly Accounts and Operations Meetings with your Resort Manager and Assistant Resort Manager.
- Snow clearing in and around your chalet
- Maximising in resort ski packs sales for lift passes, ski school & ski hire.
- Deliver lift passes in a timely manner, securing in-resort payments and administration thereof.
- Overseeing ski pack supplier relationships and weekly reconciliations, reporting weekly on figures achieved against set targets.
- Booking restaurants, events, activities, taxis or anything the guests will require help with
- Demonstrate extreme pride in undertaking the work you do for a company that wants you to succeed.
And what experience & qualities do you need to be a Chalet Host with PW?
- A great love of food and passion for cooking to a good dinner party standard with either commercial experience or having undertaken at least a 2 week cookery course. (Sadly, without this experience we’re not able to employ anyone without seeing strong prolonged, relevant, practical experience).
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a front line customer service role
- Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to work on your own.
- Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
- Ability/confidence to account for significant sums of money working to the allowance to achieve excellent service & cuisine.
- Organisation. With all the above duties in mind it’s imperative that you are able to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- An eagle eye for detail to maintain really high standards that you can be proud of.
- Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
- And last, but by no means least, a great sense of humour!
All Chalet Host applicants must have:
- EU passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- Use of a smart phone for free company communication and in order to access important information through the internet provided by Powder White. (NB. we do not require you to use personal phones for anything resulting in roaming/call charges.)
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
Good Luck and hopefully you will be a Powder White Chalet Host with winter!