Do you want to join our Team for the remainder of the season as a Chalet Host?
If you are successful you could be on a plane and heading out to resort as early as this weekend!
As becoming one of our hand-selected Chalet Hosts, you are an Ambassador for Powder White and generally seen as the make or break of any guests' holiday. So if you love food and love getting to know people then you've already stepped in the right direction towards becoming a Chalet Host with us.
We are looking for candidates with a really strong work ethic who share our passion for providing incredible home from home, guest experiences. We need our hosts to ooze enthusiasm, friendliness and experience so they can round off our promise to provide the ultimate chalet experience for all our valued previous and newly-welcomed guests, a host who is prepared to go that extra mile to not only meet our and our guests' high expectations but to exceed these with real pride. If you truly believe you have what it takes to be a Chalet Host then we would love to hear from you.
So What Does the Role Involve..?
Variety! You will be required to manage every aspect of running your very own hand-picked chalet for the season so you will be empowered to create the home from home, yet slick and professional, environment that we want for all of our guests. There is no doubt the role of chalet host is something everyone should do as it really does provide you with the most incredible experience however undertaking this most prominent and important role in resort is not to be underestimated... It is often hard work and the hours are long but the rewards are endless. Here are just a few of the responsibilities that will fall at your door...
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
- Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts and lovingly prepared 4 course evening meals (with canapés) on 6 nights a week.
- A strong sense of cleanliness and hygiene by undertaking daily housekeeping, weekly changeover and regular deep cleans.
- Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene that we will provide you (should you not already have already have this).
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all your guests throughout their stay and upholding the incredibly precious Powder White reputation through doing so.
- Faultless and courteous hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests to include booking restaurants or helping arrange ski packs as well as seamless entertaining whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
- Shopping on a weekly basis with cash and on account within an allowance figure allocated accounting for all expenditure.
- Demonstrate extreme pride in undertaking the work you do for a company that wants you to succeed.
What Experience & Qualities Do You Need..?
- A great love of food and passion for cooking to a good dinner party standard with either commercial experience or having undertaken at least a 2 week cookery course. (Sadly, without this experience we’re not able to employ anyone without seeing strong prolonged, relevant, practical experience).
- Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to work on your own.
- Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a front line customer service role.
- Ability/confidence to account for significant sums of money working to the allowance to achieve excellent service & cuisine.
- Organisation. With all the above duties in mind it’s imperative that you are able to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
- Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
- Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
- And last, but by no means least, a great sense of humour!
- All applicants must have:
- EU passport
- UK National Insurance Number
- UK bank account
- Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.