A breath of fresh air is sweeping through the Alps this winter and we’re on top of it. Literally. Join us this winter in the Alps. We are looking for some very special people who have warm, friendly and approachable personalities, are customer focused, diligent and professional. If you have a passion for delivering outstanding customer service and great food and love the mountains, skiing or snowboarding, then come and be part of something special this winter.
Who are we?
Created in 2008 Snowchateaux is an independent ski chalet holiday company based in the French Alps. Our chalets are handpicked for location near the lifts or ski in/ski out to make that journey to the slopes hassle-free and easy. Our resorts all have access to high altitude skiing, guaranteeing snow sure conditions throughout the season. Comfort stays at the fore with modern facilities, up to date décor and home from home charm. We are committed to giving the best value holiday we can, in terms of cost, service and with the additional extras that come part and parcel of our service.
A new management team with oodles of experience are leading Snowchateaux into the light of a new era in chalet holidays and seasonal employment in the Alps. Our ethos lies in providing our team with all the tools they need to fulfil the requirements of their role with the minimum amount of fuss. We look after our team first and foremost and in return our team look after our guests and have the most amazing 5 months in the Alps.
Where are we?
22 chalets in 7 world-class resorts of La Rosiere, La Plagne, Les Arcs, Tignes, Meribel, Morzine and Les Gets.
Who are you?
We are looking for some very special people who have warm, friendly and approachable personalities, are customer focused, diligent and professional. If you have a passion for delivering outstanding customer service and great food and love the mountains, skiing or snowboarding, then come and be part of something special this winter.
Are you…Outgoing? Approachable? Confident? Resourceful? Dynamic? Efficient? Quick? Professional? Friendly? Proactive? Happy?
We are looking for people who can take ownership of their chalets and make their guests feel welcome at all times, with excellent social skills, who are able to interact well and create an ambience. Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills are a must, as are high standards of personal hygiene and appearance.
We want our guests, your guests, to have the best holiday ever. Can you help us achieve this?
Job Description Chalet Couples, Chalet Chef
As a chalet couple or chef, we want you to take ownership of your chalet and run it as your own. We want you to not only meet but exceed our guests’ expectations and ensure they have the best holiday ever!
- Previous winter chalet or summer villa season experience
- Customer service and/or hospitality experience
- Qualified chefs: Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guilds Chef Qualification or extensive experience within a professional kitchen
- Non-qualified chefs: Domestic cooking for groups and dinner parties or completion of a reputable chalet cookery course
- Professional housekeeping/cleaning to a high standard
- Working within a set budget
- Basic French a bonus
- Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner at all times and consistently throughout the season. Be presentable with clean uniform at all times.
- Prepare, cook and serve food and drinks as defined during pre-season training and following our set menu, ensuring meals are presented on time, at the right temperature, in the right portion sizes and looking great:
- Breakfast with a hot option
- Afternoon tea (self-service)
- Three-course dinner with wine and beer on 5 nights, catering for dietary requirements as required. A Kir Royale is served on arrival night. A cheeseboard and port are served on the last night instead of dessert.
- Prepare a self-service Raclette dinner for one of the evenings.
- Prepare a self-service breakfast and cakes for afternoon tea for day off.
- High tea for children as required.
- Director’s Choice chalets serve a Kir Royale and Canapes on the first night, a Kir Royale on the last night and a cheeseboard with port on two nights.
- Going the extra mile on special occasions such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they have everything they require and are enjoying their holiday. Be knowledgeable about your chalet, resort and the food and wine we serve. Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible. Actively promote Snowchateaux’s services and chalets. Report all complaints and any feedback (positive and negative).
- Kitchen and store management (cleaning and organisation). Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Hygiene regulations at all times, completing the necessary records.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control (maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, wine, beer, cleaning supplies and wood) in order to not exceed the set budget for the season.
- Ensure all chalet waste and recycling is sorted and disposed of each day.
- Apply conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating, water, large appliances such as washing machines). Ensure equipment is correctly handled and maintained with due care and attention.
- Adhere to the Daily and Weekly Cleaning Schedules. Conduct daily housekeeping of the rooms, bathrooms and communal areas to a high standard of cleanliness. Conduct a thorough clean of the entire chalet on transfer days to a very high standard. Manage your linen and towel stock.
- Ensure snow is cleared from paths, steps and balconies so that access to all areas is safe at all times.
- Maintaining the hot tub, sauna and steam room and compete the necessary records to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Paperwork: Complete and maintain various records to be handed in at weekly meetings.
- Maintenance: Carrying out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the chalet such as changing light bulbs. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to company Health and Safety, HACCP & COSHH systems, ensuring full compliance with Health and Safety legislation. Comply with and act in accordance with all company Fire Regulations and to adhere to the company’s Fire Policy.
You may be required to assist in other chalets and other resorts depending on the needs of the business. All the chalets have WIFI however you are not permitted to use your laptop or watch TV/DVD’s whilst guests are in the chalet.
- UK or EU passport or be already in possession of a French Working Visa
- UK National Insurance number which has been valid for at least 12 months prior to employment or an EU Social Security number or a French Working Visa for a full term of employment
- UK or EU based Bank Account
- UK or EU permanent registered address or addresses for at least 12 months prior to employment -Minimum of 2 satisfactory references from previous employers (references will be sought independently, please only provide contact details when requested)
What are we offering?
We are offering an awesome package in line with French working regulations that will give you a higher salary than ever before and a massive amount of free/ski time!
You’ll be working:
A 39-hour working week with 2 days off per week (which may be 1 full day and 2 half days), no more than 11 hours work a day, no less than 10 hours between each day of work.
In return we offer:
A fantastic €400 per week! Holiday pay at 10% of your gross pay, travel from/to the UK (flights or contribution if driving), good quality accommodation based on a maximum of 3 sharing (& no bunks!), all your food, uniform, employers to contribution to a workplace pension, season lift pass, modest quality ski or snowboard equipment, Medical Insurance, linen, towels and use of self-service laundry (with washing powder!) and WIFI in the chalets and staff accommodation.
Chalet life has never been so good!