The Peligoni Club is a barefoot-style boutique beach club in Greece, designed for pure relaxation. It’s a members-only retreat for a fun-loving bohemian crowd who want delicious food, creative cocktails, friendly staff and sumptuous settings, but without all the fuss that usually comes with high-end hotels. Peligoni is a sun-drenched home away from home, where our guests kick back, let their hair down and watch the world float by.
Unlike most hotels or beach resorts, our staff are the life and soul of the club. A group of friendly, professional and extremely hard working people, Peligoni staff make our guests’ holiday a memorable experience.
FOOD AT PELIGONI
Everyone has a different idea of what holiday eating should consist of and as a result we offer a varied Modern European menu to cater for all of our guests across breakfast, lunch and dinner. The club has one main restaurant along with four bars serving a variety of snacks at various points during the day. All of our dishes are created with the best local ingredients and designed with different ages, tastes and dietary requirements in mind.
We are looking for a team of experienced chefs to take on the challenge of running our busy restaurant, offering food all day and which, during peak season, can host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime and up to 150 on most evenings.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Manage a section within the kitchen
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise wastage
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Contribute to the creation of new menus and dishes that cater to guests of all ages and consider different tastes and dietary requirements
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Ensure that all guests’ dietary requirements are understood and catered for
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Experience in a 2 Rosette restaurant is desirable
- Available for either the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa