We are looking for a young enthusiastic chef to work in the kitchen of our busy English Style Bar/Restaurant based on a holiday park in the South of France. Our kitchen is new and state of the art.
In the role of Chef you will be responsible for :-
Assisting the Head Chef in the running of the kitchen
* Preparing, cooking and delivering fresh food items to the highest standard of quality and consistency
* Following recipes, and adjusting accordingly to appropriate quantities
* Running a full section of the service, and assisting other sections as required
* Maintaining high food quality standards, and adhere to nutritional guidance
* Cleaning and maintaining any equipment, utensils or areas used during working shift
To be considered for the Chef Job you must have:
* Prior chef experience including preparing meals from fresh ingredients
* An understanding of Food Hygiene practices
* Commitment and reliability with good communication skills
* Patience and good organizational skills
* A passion for food and creative flair using fresh ingredients
* Ability to work weekends.
* Self-motivated with a desire to learn and professionally develop.
It is desirable for the candidate to have some French Language ability.
The position is to start immediately to October.
Competitive salary based on local rates, possibility of payment to a uk account in sterling.
Accommodation available on request.
Meals offered before/after shift.
Staff discount in various areas of resort.