We are recruiting Chefs to work in St Anton and Courchevel 1850.
WHO ARE WE?
Kaluma Travel is a small, luxury tour operator, focussed on our specialist regions of St Anton and Courchevel 1850. As an owner-managed company we have built a loyal following of clients that appreciate our stunning properties and unique in-resort concierge service.
In our staff we look for professionals who believe in a positive “can do” attitude, exceeding expectations and going that little bit further to provide a level of service that makes a difference.
Kaluma places a lot of weight on the quality of food we provided. For our guests, the food in their luxury chalet is often as important as the skiing and we believe that what we offer is sets us apart from our competitors. All chefs working in Kaluma catered chalets are experienced professionals, hired due to their professionalism and experience in the industry. We provide a generous budget and allow our chefs menu autonomy, expecting in return well-balanced, flavoursome and beautifully presented dishes.
KITCHEN POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- Head Chefs (Catering for up to 24 guests)
- Chalet Chef (Catering for up to 12 guests)
- Sous Chef (Working underneath a Head Chef)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of breakfast, afternoon tea and a gourmet evening dinner. Meals should be fresh, creative, balanced and well presented, following the below format:
- Breakfast: A continental breakfast buffet (7 days a week) and a healthy hot ‘special’ and traditional English breakfast. (6 days a week)
- Afternoon Tea: A homemade sweet or savory dish. (7 days a week).
- 5 Course evening dinner: Consisting of at least 2 variations of canapés, starter, main course, dessert and cheese board.
- Ordering and/or shopping for all food items from nominated suppliers and checking that any goods delivered to the chalet are quality checked and as ordered.
- Running an efficient and cost effective kitchen. Managing kitchen budgets, ensuring maximum use of all food stocks and limiting wastage through stock-takes and menu planning.
- Maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area, paying particular attention to health and hygiene standards & HAACP requirements.
- A recognised qualification in professional cookery and/or a training background in professional kitchens (2AA rosette rated and above).
- Post training, a solid experience in restaurant kitchens, private households, super yachts or luxury chalet companies.
- Minimum age of 21 years
- UK or EU passport, a National Insurance Number, UK bank account
- A full, clean UK drivers licence (Courchevel only)
** Please send a menu plan and photographs of your food with your application **