The Nant / Drift Riding Biking holidays
We have been operating in Morzine France since 2013 catering for mountain bikers. We are looking for a chef or chef and host couple. Start date: 15/06/18 Finish date: 10/09/18.
The right candidates will need to have a relaxed personality. We strive for a fun chilled out chalet and guests return year on year for this. We have a large garden, so we try and do two BBQ's a week.
Catering / budgeting
• Cost effective planning and preparation of an exciting, appropriate, and daily menu including breakfast and afternoon tea cake.
• Cater for special dietary requirements as and when required, sometimes at short notice.
• Preparation of the weekly menu plan and shop at local supermarket.
• Constantly look to be consistent week on week.
• Daily cleaning duties to maintain high standards of hygiene in the kitchen. Ensure a thorough clean down is completed after each food service
• Maintain hygiene and cleanliness standards throughout all kitchen and dining areas. Regularly deep clean the kitchen, food storage areas, fridges, freezers and all associated food preparation/storage areas
Weekly reports & accounts
• Provide weekly menu plan and daily temperature control logs.
• Assist with weekly accounts to ensure budget control. Completion of health and safety reports as and when necessary.
• Ensure your presentation is immaculate and behaviour professional whilst with the clients or representing the company
• During the season you may be required to work varied shifts in order to ensure that our property is running efficiently at all times. Property operational times such as breakfast and dinner may vary depending on arrivals.
What type of person are we looking for:
• Proven catering experience for up to 30 people, ideally in a chalet environment but certainly in an environment where responsible for the complete delivery of the meal rather than individual components.
• Knowledge and experience of working in a commercial kitchen environment, managing budgets and stock and to be aware of standard hygiene practices
• Well organised and dedicated with an ability to be flexible and adaptable. Confident dealing with clients face to face and actively seek out opportunities to do this.
• Exceptional standards of cleanliness and hygiene on both a personal and professional level
• A driving license (desirable)
We are looking for a Hotel hosts to work alongside our chalet chefs and provide a very high level of customer service to guests staying in our catered chalet. Your role will involve cleaning the chalet, serving breakfast and dinner and acting as a host for our guests. And of course between morning service and coming back to serve afternoon tea, you'll be able to enjoy some well-earned time on the mountain with your lift pass.
It is essential that you are a happy person as a key part of your role is interacting with clients and ensuring their holiday is perfect. Previous hospitality experience is preferable but not essential. We're looking for professional, team-orientated people who are reliable, have a "can do" attitude and are confident talking to a wide range of people.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
• Meeting and greeting guests on arrival and helping them to settle into the chalet and resort.
• Helping guests with any queries related to their holiday.
• Assisting your Chalet Chef in providing a catered service, 6 days a week, including basic food preparation, laying the table, serving and clearing
• Ensuring that the chalet is clean for the guest arrival, as well as cleaning the chalet on a daily basis.
• Being responsible for the immediate reporting and resolution of all maintenance problems
The Ideal Candidate:
• Is flexible, reliable and can work autonomously
• Has extensive cleaning experience, ideally within a similar role
• Has excellent communication skills
• Really enjoys meeting and interacting with loads of different types of people
• Has good attention to detail and the hard working nature that is required to deliver a superior level of cleanliness
• Has previous hospitality experience, especially table service or housekeeping
What we offer:
• Competitive salary paid monthly into a UK bank account
• All meals provided whilst on duty
• Travel to and from resort from a UK airport
• Travel Insurance
• Pre-season training
• Lift pass