7 months ago
CHEF TUTOR – The Abinger Cookery School
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chef Tutor to join our small team at The Abinger Cookery School. We specialise in 5 & 10 day chalet courses for students who want to do ski seasons. We also teach an array of 1&2 day courses and some evening courses to enthusiastic amateurs who wish to learn new skills, tips and techniques. The Cookery School also offers Weber Grill Academy courses, taught by our chefs. At the Abinger Cookery School we love to pass on our passion for food and cooking to all our students and believe in hands-on teaching that is friendly and fun. All our classes our taught in our well-equipped, modern kitchens at the school. All of our produce that we use at the cookery school is sourced locally.
This is a full-time role as part of our teaching team at the cookery school. Training will be given about each of our courses.
Responsibilities will include:
• Class planning – planning cookery classes
• Recipe writing & development
• Teaching – our chefs teach all of our courses so you will teach the 5 & 10 day Chalet cooks courses, 1 & 2 day courses, the Weber grill academy courses, evening courses
• Weber Grill Academy – The Abinger holds a number of Weber Grill Academy courses, taught by our chefs.
• Supper Clubs – the cookery school hosts Supper Clubs which are catered for by one of our chefs
Skills & Personal Qualities
• Experienced chef, ideally with experience of having done a ski season
• Strong organisational skills
• Good inter-personal skills
• High level of customer service
• Ability to work well alone and as part of a team
Working hours and salary
The position is a 45hr week, and includes on average every other Saturday. Hours are 8am to 5:30pm.
We are offering a competitive package
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close