Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beach club resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
You will deliver an extensive climbing programme for guests of all ages whilst always providing amazing service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first ever session or helping someone celebrate their skills, you will go out of your way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service.
- Provide a climbing programme which caters for all guests and their abilities.
- Proactively promote climbing both within the hotel and externally within the local area and with a prefered supplier.
- Carry out all maintenance required to ensure climbing equipment is fully operational throughout the season.
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure the meeting of guest expectations.
- Ensure climbing supplies are well stocked and place orders as and when required.
- Ensure that instruction and health and safety are to the highest standard.
- Set up, pack up, and actively provide assistance to all guests using the climbing wall each day.
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times.
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business to fulfil your contractual end date.
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Climbing Wall Award or Single Pitch Award
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of the contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of technical climbing maintenance
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to operate, varied, safe and informative climbs.
- Knowledge of climbing maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of current climbing developments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships.
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance