Job Role Summary:
Up to £1000 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
This role is a great opportunity to learn about working in every area of the kitchen. You'll be supporting the other chefs in food preparation, organisation and ensuring hygiene standards.
You must be a fast learner, able to work under pressure and be able to effectively communicate with other members of the kitchen team. You will need experience and knowledge of the kitchen operation and a desire to learn and develop.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To assist in the delivery of a beautiful menu that meets the requirements of the operation stays within the constraints of the budget and consistently achieves targeted CSQ’s results
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Assist the preparation of ingredients with the Chef de Partie and Sous Chef and measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- To promote, ensure and maintain a safe working environment at all times
- To be customer service orientated at all times and encourage direct feedback from our guests
- To monitor and record all wastage and breakages in line with company procedures
- To develop a positive working relationship within all teams
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- To ensure that all procedures relating to the prevention stock loss/revenue are adhered to
- To carry out any other additional duties to assist with the smooth running of the overseas operations as directed by your line managers
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- A formal chef or cooking qualification
- At least 6 months experience in an operation of a similar standard and size
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Knowledge of kitchen operations and the requirements of the role
- A willingness to learn and develop
- To display consistently high standards and service
- To be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with guests
- To have a flexible attitude towards working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- Hard working, self-motivated and works well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible attitude
- Honest, friendly and approachable in nature
- Excellent communication skills