At Sunsail we provide the very best sailing holidays; giving customers amazing experiences on the water. From complete beginners to experienced sailors we have something to suit everybody, including courses at our sailing schools and flotilla charters. Our first class fleet of yachts, dozens of destinations and talented and experienced staff keep our customers coming back year after year.
Our sailing schools give our customers the opportunity to take a qualification home with them, from RYA Start Yachting to RYA Day Skipper. Our fantastic cruising instructor’s provide a quality experience individually tailored to each student’s requirements and learning style.
Sunsail are currently recruiting cruising instructor’s to work in the Mediterranean. Our roles are based in Lefkas; Greece. Full and high season roles are available and following successful summer placements; winter opportunities may be available.
Working hours vary and you MUST be able to cover operational requirements. It is important to be flexible within your job role and understand that you may be required to move between different resorts or departments according to operational needs, you must be happy to cover a flotilla or bareboat skipper role at times.
• Deliver RYA courses complying with RYA regulations and company standards
• Deliver company specific courses as per standards, policies and procedures
• Assisting with the ‘flotilla hero’ product where required; instructing whilst also being a part of the flotilla
• Meeting and greeting guests, and conducting a welcome brief on board.
• Carry out basic yacht maintenance
• Liaise with Chief Instructor and fault report any maintenance problems or damage to the yachts
• Be responsible for the standard of the sailing school yachts throughout the season, including cleaning, inventory monitoring, and maintenance where required.
• Ensure correct paperwork is completed as per local laws and regulations
• Provide excellent customer service at all times
• Any other duties within your ability as requested by your line manager
What we are looking for
• RYA Cruising Instructor commercially endorsed with a valid medical certificate (ENG1/ML5)
• Valid First Aid Certificate
• Basic yacht maintenance skills
• Ability to work as a reliable member of the team
• Ability to work under pressure and make and deliver difficult decisions
• Good communication skills
• Safety conscious
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation
• Experience in a customer focused environment
• Adaptable character who can adjust to different circumstances
If you are interested please apply now.