Lifts-to is looking for a highly motivated and talented Operations Manager to join the company at an exciting time of expansion and growth
Contract CDI, 40hour/week. Starting Sept 2019
Responsible to Head of operations
Location Morzine, France
Salary €28k BRUT per year dependent on experience
Probationary period 1 Month
Company share scheme. The opportunity exists to own equity in the business by actively contributing towards the company, exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
Who we are:
Lifts-To is a leading transfer booking agent acting as an intermediary between transfer suppliers and customers. Launched as Ski-Lifts in 2005, our talented team and custom in-house system enabled steady growth in the ski industry and other sectors such as golf and cruise. Our business now provides transfer coverage in 24 countries and 300 resorts.
Now is an exciting time to join our business, as we have identified some as yet untapped opportunities in the lucrative transport industry, we are well positioned to embark on an ambitious plan to scale up booking volumes in even more markets over the next three years.
We are a UK and French-based company, with our operations office in the French ski resort of Morzine and our UK head office in the heart of Manchester.
As Deputy Head of Operations you will be working alongside the Head of Operations to ensure the smooth and efficient running of all transfers. You are responsible for overseeing all departments within the Operations team; Admin (booking management), B2B and B2C communications, supplier communication and daily transfer operations ensuring all team members are fully supported (with training and information required) and performing to levels expected.
You have a thorough understanding of the transfer or travel industry with excellent communication skills (written & verbal), critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You are a highly motivated team player with outstanding attention to detail, strong work ethic, drive and persistence. You will adapt to differing situations, work well in high pressure environments have a good level of stress tolerance with the ability to use your initiative, multi-task and problem solve under time sensitive and, at times, stressful situations. You have an intrinsically conscientious and collaborative attitude to work and teammates with a ‘can-do’ attitude and determination to complete the task at hand.
As a senior team member of the Operations department you are the point of contact in the Head of Operations’ absence as the next most senior member of the department.
Your focus will be:
- Working alongside the Head of Operations to ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way, meeting the company’s SLAs and KPIs
- Assisting Head of Operations with staff management: Rotas, leave, supervision, recruitment, training, feedback sessions and weekly meetings
- Demonstrating a strong, positive work ethic and leading by example with your flexible approach to work, dedication and ability to cope under pressure
- Cover out of office hours on-call shifts as required
- Improving operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance, teamwork and high morale amongst team members
- Assist in delivering training to all team members and continued review of any training requirements
- Assist in delivering departmental reports, ensuring the department is operating within budget, putting forward ideas for development and changes to the department and assisting in updates to staff training materials and programmes
- Oversee day-to-day running of Admin and Ops department; answering emails and phone calls
- Work alongside other senior members of staff to ensure company values and standards are upheld with particular focus paid to service levels
All candidates should demonstrate and possess the following company values
Empathy - Listening skills; Relationship builder; Understanding of customer, supplier and colleagues within our organisation’s needs
Ambition – Competitive; Tenacity; Goal focussed
Integrity – Honest; Reliable; Positive; Strong work ethic; Conscientious
Expert - Take control of personal development; Search out answers; Challenges the established thinking; Constantly looking to improve
Proactive - Positive attitude; Problem solver; Anticipates issues; Planner
Previous experience and knowledge
- Minimum 2 years of experience within a senior operational role in the travel industry
- Operations Manager or similar role (supervisor)
- Team training and mentoring
- Working within a customer focused environment
- Email and phone correspondence
- Knowledge of the peak-season environment with an understanding of the challenges faced
- Microsoft Excel, Word and bespoke booking systems
- Experience and knowledge of the transfer industry
- Knowledge and skills related to various areas of travel industry (Ski, Golf, Cruise, Corporate etc)
- ‘On-call’ experience
- Fluent English to native level
- High level of spoken and written French
- Other European languages
- Ability to work within, motivate and lead a team
- Diligence and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to delegate and manage tasks through to delivery at required standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make quick, well informed decisions in line with company SLAs
- Very strong and flexible work ethic
- Proven excellent customer service and conflict management skills with ability to negotiate in high pressure situations
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well under pressure
Please note this Job Description can be adjusted at any time and does not reflect all duties of the role.