Live-In Couple, West Sussex
A lovely client with older children who live away/board and two friendly small dogs need the assistance of a fantastic couple for their beautiful 10 bed home, near to Chichester and the coast. This is their main residence; the house is very busy during the holidays and then quiet during term time with only the couple in residence. They also spend time in London mid –week and travel regularly throughout the year.
This position requires a discrete and friendly couple who can work to high standards, but also able to be part of a relaxed busy household.
Cooking is very important for this role, they are looking for a confident, natural cook who is able to cater for up to 16 when required. They enjoy simple, healthy fresh food in the style of Ottolenghi. The family very much enjoy entertaining both on a relaxed informal basis and the odd formal occasion. You will be required to plan menus and do all shopping/preparation etc.
Between you duties to include
- Dog sitting/walking will be needed when the couple are in London or travel - you must love dogs! These dogs love being loved!
- Plan and cook healthy clean food, in the style of Ottolenghi – there is a vegetable garden and they are keen to eat seasonally from it.
- Housekeeping duties including evening turn downs
- Have a sound knowledge of how to look after fine clothes, antiques and silverware
- Run errands when required
- Shopping, running errands and organising contractors
- Assisting in the garden
- Handyman jobs in and around the house
- Driving and looking after the cars
- Driving duties ie airport runs, driving the family to/from events
- Chalet, villa or yacht experience
- Ideally experience in a household too
- Sense of humour
- Experience working together in the past
- Happy in a rural location
- Must be drivers (car can be provided)
- Must be looking for longevity
Start date: March/April 2019
Accommodation: Two bedroom annex off the main house with separate entrance and terrace
Hours: Five days week with two days off mid-week.
Salary: £400 net weekly (around £25K Gross each)