Job Role Summary
A Neilson holiday wouldn't be complete without dedicated fitness professionals. You’ll be a sociable, energetic individual with the ability to work independently and deliver a varied weekly programme that is safe, fun and tailored specifically around the Neilson guests and their holiday.
You’ll create your sessions around the facilities and equipment available to you in the resort and draw upon your skills, experience, and training. These could range from aqua aerobics and circuit training to sunset stretch and Zumba.
Neilson Active Holidays are looking for friendly, enthusiastic approachable fitness professionals to be based in one of our beautiful European beach resorts. You’ll need group session instructional experience and to hold the minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Exercise to Music, Studio Instruction, Fitness Instruction or equivalent.
We have a lot to keep you motivated and you can enjoy plenty of awesome activities including dinghy sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, water skiing, wakeboarding, cycling and tennis – it’s all included!
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- To maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- To provide a fitness programme that caters for both adults and children that incorporates group classes and personal training sessions
- To deliver a wide variety of group sessions specifically tailored to the overseas environment
- To effectively demonstrate different techniques and methods of participation during classes to accommodate varying levels of fitness
- To actively promote the fitness programme to maximize participation
- To ensure the highest standards of health and safety
- To ensure that the guests are advised on the effective and safe use of all equipment
- To take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of our fitness areas always meets guest expectations
- The ability to work independently, to set up, pack up, and help all guests using the fitness equipment each day
- To assist the set-up of the hotel/fitness areas at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organization and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and to be always happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Personal Specification - Qualifications and Experience
- Exercise to Music qualification
- Gym Instructor qualification
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Experience of delivering a variety of exercise classes
- Previous customer service experience
- Level 3 Personal trainer or above.
- Pilates Instructor qualification.
- Yoga Teacher/Instructor qualification.
- Suspension exercise trainer
- Kettlebell Instructor
- HIT Instructor
- Aqua Aerobics Instructor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Ability to deliver fun, varied, safe and effective fitness sessions
- Knowledge of current fitness industry developments
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergency situations
- Knowledge to be able to plan and advise on guest fitness development
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Able to work independently under own initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance