At Sunsail we provide the very best sailing holidays; giving customers amazing experiences on the water. From complete beginners to experienced sailors we have something to suit everybody, from courses at our sailing schools to flotilla charters. Our first class fleet of yachts, dozens of destinations and talented and experienced staff keep our customers coming back year after year.
Our flotilla holidays provide the perfect balance between sociable sailing and unobtrusive support. Working within our flotilla team really allows you to be part of our customer’s holiday; you will ensure the successful running of an exciting and organised itinerary exploring beautiful and exciting destinations. From daily briefings to punch parties and regattas; flotillas really bring new friends together.
Sunsail are currently recruiting flotilla skipper’s to work in the Mediterranean for the upcoming summer. Our roles are based in Palma, Greece and Croatia, and could be based on a one-week or two-week flotilla route. Full and high season roles are available and following successful Summer placements; Winter opportunities will be available.
Main duties will centre around the yachts, the base and ports of call. Working hours vary and you MUST be able to cover operational requirements. You may at times be required to assist with other flotillas, bareboat or base duties.
What you will be doing
• Ensuring the safety of all clients throughout the flotilla
• Presentation and maintenance of yachts
• All yacht preparation on turnaround days including deck cleaning
• Greeting clients and assisting with boarding; followed by welcome on-board briefs covering safety and yacht systems
• Full first day briefing to entire flotilla and daily briefings to clients on route including weather conditions, and local area information
• Safe mooring of all yachts each day
• Day to day repairs and assistance to break downs or call outs
• Regular checks on equipment; specifically safety equipment
• Socialising with guests
• Assisting with the organisation of group meals, BBQ’s, competitions and punch parties
• Organisation and coordination of flotilla regattas
• Writing weekly reports on the flotilla
• Cleanliness & good presentation of lead boat at all times
• Encouraging teamwork and ensuring all crew are fulfilling their duties
• Any other duties as directed by the Base Manager
What we are looking for
• RYA Yacht Master Coastal or Offshore with Commercial Endorsement
• Valid medical certificate (ENG1/ML5)
• Safety conscious
• Experience in a customer focused environment
• Ability to work under pressure and make difficult decisions
• Sociable and positive personality
• Strong leadership skills
• STCW is preferred, however not essential