Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
You will manage the day-to-day front of house operation in your property by creating a professional, efficient and friendly environment. You'll need to display leadership and motivational skills within the reception team whilst ensuring that sales and customer service targets are constantly achieved.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist the Hotel Manager with direction and supervision, ensuring that the service and financial objectives of the hotel are achieved and improved upon for the benefit of the guests and the employees
- To deliver an efficient service to all guests in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Ensure that reception and all related guest information books, boards and written documents are presented in a professional and appealing manner in line with the company blueprint standards
- Take direct responsibility for the spa operation, including income through both treatments and retail, expected standards and customer service
- Implement and carry out the continuous training of all direct report employees to achieve the highest degree of competence in order to undertake their duties as detailed in their job descriptions
- Deputize with the Hospitality Manager in the absence of the Hotel Manager
- Present a positive personal image to the customer and ensure that rapport/interaction is developed on a daily basis
- Anticipated the needs and feelings of the customer and respond appropriately in balance with the needs of the company
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge and understanding of Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to Neilson guests
- Ensure that a proactive approach is evident in achieving CSQ results, and implementing corrective training where appropriate
- Identify/interpret problems affecting the customers/staff with solutions and propose to these to Hotel Manager
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with promptly and in a manner that is satisfactory to both the customer and the company with corrective action put in place to prevent any reoccurrence
- Ensure that improvement targets are met relating to all formal measurement criteria
- Adhere to all procedures pertaining to safety, hygiene and security within the local, European and British laws
- Monitor and maintain the health & safety of employees and public
- Promote energy efficiency and make sure that improvements are identified and acted upon
- Ensure your team members are trained in safe working practices
- Maintain appropriate records in accordance with company and legal requirements
- Ensure that standards of performance are established for all areas
- To be flexible and approachable in all circumstances to meet the needs of the business and ensure a smooth operation between departments
- To organise all materials required for the smooth operation of the front office in the way of booking forms, accounting processes and information gathering to ensure all material is kept up to date
- Ensure that manpower and material resources are used effectively, monitored and controlled to balance both budgetary requirements along with customer needs
- To drive sales on excursions and in-house products by setting and monitoring targets and motivating your team to achieve
- To be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental operatives in relation to business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback through performance management tools including performance-based monthly bonus points and PDRs.
- Ensure that motivation is sustained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- Coach individuals and give feedback on the daily performance of duties
- In the absence of the Hotel Manager, ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with the companies Human Resources Department
- Ensure that all staff are presented in the correct uniform in keeping with the company standards and take corrective action where necessary
Leadership, Management, Personal Skills or Qualities:
- Strong leadership and personal presence, able to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of results. Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others.
- Experience of managing a similar size operation
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Experience of the front office and snap CSQ scanner
Experience & Track Record
- Previous professional experience in managing a reception within a hotel environment
- Previous overseas experience.
Qualifications, Training, Professional Memberships Or Accreditations:
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Management qualification e.g. Degree or equivalent