Our client is now seeking a General Manager to run our well established, friendly lodge in the Channel Islands. This will be a great opportunity for a current FOH or Restaurant Manager who wants progression
This luxury lodge is only 9 miles from France, steeped in history and spectacular scenery. It is lined with dramatic cliffs and beautiful low-lying beaches with white sands.
For somewhere so small it has a great deal to offer, something quite unique with its quirky charm and character welcoming people with a laid back and carefree attitude that seems to have escaped most nowadays.
There is plenty to do on the island; beaches, ﬁshing, tennis, squash, golf, paddle boarding, boat trips, beach BBQs, cycling, plentiful restaurants, pubs, camping, exploring, peace and tranquility alongside weekly festivities and events-a plenty If you’re looking to escape the hum drum and try something a little different, then this is the role for you.
The team is a melting pot of individuals from islanders, ski and summer seasonnaires, from all corners of the UK (London, Manchester, Cornwall, Scotland), Australians, European but all with same passion for delivering a great service, taking great pride in what they do, and supporting each other.
Your career begins here, duties include:
- Engage with our guests and in community events.
- Responsible for the day to day running of The Lodge.
- Take responsibility for recruitment, training and the on-going management of the team.
- Create and maintain objectives, targets for food, bar and room sales.
- Undertake the necessary administration – banking, reconcile daily takings, wages, rotas, menus etc.
- Support, nurture and guide the team; and put time aside for team events and incentives.
- Promote and put together functions, events, outside catering and weddings.
- Experience in customer service environment
- Strong food and beverage operations skills
- Have proven skills and experience in the day to day running of a pub, restaurant or hotel, gaining and retaining the respect of staff
- Experience in successfully managing, leading and motivating a team
- Proﬁcient in IT and accounting
- Negotiable salary plus bonus schemes
- Travel perks
- Development opportunities both professionally – as part of a team creating a new and innovative hotel experience
- Plus many more perks