This position of Senior Chalet Chef will suit a person who is experienced and
happy working in an environment where excellent service is the norm. He/she
should be able to demonstrate a great eye for detail and be able to provide pro-
active ideas for improvements in service delivery.
We also have a part-time 'Rep' role available if you have a partner who would like to join you in the Morzine.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of health, safety, cleanliness and hygiene are upheld
- All floors, working surfaces, cooking equipment, pot, pans, utensils and all associated equipment to be cleaned immaculately after every service
- Submission of weekly menu plan in agreed content and format (as discussed during training) within agreed budget
- Winter meals will include: cooked breakfast – to order; afternoon tea & cakes; pre-dinner drink canapés (min 3 types x 3 portions per guest); plus,quality 4-course evening meal comprising starter, main and dessert followed by local cheeseboard. (Special menus on Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve). Birthday cakes and Special Occasions.
- Meal preparation, cooking and presentation to agreed menu plans and standards, unless otherwise specifically agreed with Chalet Manager
- Maintenance of excellent food standards within budget
- Ability to provide meals for special dietary requirements (veggie, vegan, fat-free, etc.)
- Providing healthy balanced meals for staff
- Ordering from suppliers within agreed budget
- Checking that all orders are received/stored correctly, and stock is rotated appropriately
- Monitoring of all kitchen equipment including fridge/freezer temperatures
- Weekly shopping, unpacking and storage
- Accounting/receipts to be submitted to Resort Operations Manager.
- Ensuring that all waste is disposed of correctly
- Ensure that all recycling is stored and disposed of appropriately
- Monitoring all stocks on a regular basis
- Direction and/or training of other kitchen staff as appropriate (depends upon chalet size)
You will also be heavily involved in washing up during service. Some
guests have dietary requirements so good organising and planning is essential -
often involving the serving of more than one choice of dish at a time.
All our food should be plated to a very high standard, and you would be working
un-aided so need to balance skill with presentation and timing to ensure all
dishes look appetizing, taste amazing and are hot.
In addition to the above, you will be expected to produce a shopping list twice a
week and go shopping for chalet supplies (food and cleaning products).
- Minimum age guideline: 25 years’ old
- Minimum 3 years cooking in a professional kitchen environment(restaurant/hotel/catered chalet)
- Culinary flair and experience
- Great organisation and communication skills
- Current Food Hygiene certificate
- Team worker
- Friendly outgoing nature
- Full driving license
- Knowledge of French language is an advantage
- High level of personal cleanliness
- Smartly turned out at all times with freshly ironed and good-fitting uniform
- We ask that our staff have no visible tattoos or studs (except modest earrings)
- Non-smoker preferred
- Renumeration Package
- Monthly Salary up to £1000 / 1125 EUR Depending on Skill and Experience
- Full board accommodation, En-suite room.
- Holiday Pay
- Equipment hire where possible
- Uniform (Candidate must have own Chef's Jacket and shoes)
- £50 Contribution to your flights or travel costs if self-drive
- The cost of a local area lift-pass will be added to your final bonus payment, following successful completion of your contract.
- Flight to Geneva paid for.
- Insurance also included
If successful with your application, you will need to deposit a £100
“Contract Security Cheque”, which will be returned to you with your first
month’s salary, together with your outward travel costs.
Early December start. 2 week training from a 2 Michelin star chef on a fixed menu. Contract for 5 months. We can provide knives should you not wish to bring your own.