Job Role Summary:
Approx £1450pcm subject to tax, including flights, accommodation, insurance, lift pass and equipment hire.
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Our Neilson Mountain Collection Chalets are the ultimate choice for making the most of a trip to the mountains. You will oversee the chalet operation and make sure that everything is running perfectly.
This role is ideal for an experienced chalet host who has the experience of managing multiple chalets and small teams.
You need to be passionate about chalet hosting and know your way around the kitchen in order to jump in and support your hosts.
Experience in training teams, budget management and the ability to easily build supplier relations are really important factors in order to be successful in this role.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Guest relations – You will have the ability to create and maintain a welcoming, comfortable environment within your chalet programme, and provide all guests with information, help and guidance to ensure the customer service levels are high
- Set, monitor, and control the key service performance indicators relating to the customers holiday including ski pack sales, transfers to the resort, customer service and problem resolution, chalet comfort, food preparation and delivery, budget adherence, health and safety/hygiene, and any other relevant metrics
- Day to day management – You will manage your team on a daily basis. Closely monitoring staff performance along with income and feedback targets
- Training – To take responsibility for organising, coordinating and delivering pre-season staff training and to be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements in order to boost service scores
- Guest feedback – You will closely monitor all guest feedback to ensure that the service provided to guests is meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Target driven – Achieve set sales targets for ski pack and après ski products whilst also purchasing and operating within a set Chalet food/wine/cleaning budget
- Monitor & report the financial performance to your Line Manager.
- Ensure that all company monies and sales from the Resort Hosts are correctly reported, recorded, and accounted for within Neilson financial reporting systems
- Supplier relations – To build an excellent working relationship with all third-party suppliers and to monitor the services that they provide in order to exceed customer expectations and UK KPI’s
- Health and safety - to ensure that the Neilson Chalet environment is a safe place in which to work/stay and that all company/locally-required health & safety procedures are implemented.
- Cleanliness of hotel – To always ensure that all areas of the chalets are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with company standards
- Product knowledge - Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests.
- NME – proactively advertise Neilson Mountain Expert sessions throughout the week, encouraging guests to attend and invite open feedback regarding the service delivered
- Guest dining – Deliver a varied 6-day day menu as provided by the UK team
- Constantly improve methods so as to maintain a fresh approach to food preparation and service
Qualifications and experience required:
- Cooking experience or a cooking/hospitality qualification
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of work overseas (desirable)
- Ski or boarding experience (desirable)
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work well under pressure and to targets
- Language Skills (desirable)
- Able to work well under own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual