To manage all areas of a large Skiworld chalet property, taking on overall responsibility for managing the chalet team, cooking, cleaning and providing great customer service for our guests. To ensure that Company standards are maintained and improved wherever possible. To ensure that all budget and customer satisfaction targets are achieved. To ensure that a high level of customer service is provided to Skiworld customers at all times.
• To set-up the chalet prior to the commencement of the ski season to ensure it is fully operational for the arrival of the first customers.
• To provide breakfast, afternoon tea, childrens meals (when appropriate) and 3 course evening meal for customers in accordance with dietary requirements and the Skiworld 6 day set menu plan (in 4+ and 5 graded properties dinner includes aperitifs, canapés and a cheese board).
• To ensure the chalet is kept clean and tidy and that health and hygiene standards are met throughout the season. This means cleaning all rooms and public areas on a daily basis. To carry out a deep clean at the start, middle and end of the season.
• To order the food (in some resorts this may involve a trip out of resort to the nearest supermarket), and ensure you notify your line manager if you need to replenish wine, wood, cleaning products and linen.
• To ensure the chalet is run to budget and bills are paid on time.
• To be responsible for organising the division of tasks and workload amongst the chalet team.
• To act as a source of information for the customers and to be the first point of contact for any customer queries resulting in a high level of customer service at all times. To carry out a welcome speech each week.
• To motivate and manage the performance of the chalet team to ensure there is sufficient staff cover at all times, that maximum performance is attained and that staff turnover is minimised.
• To collate and complete all requested chalet paperwork including food hygiene check lists (to be completed daily), weekly chalet reports, questionnaires, accounts and end of season handover reports.
• To assume responsibility for the chalet property and equipment, ensuring it is well maintained and appropriately used.
• To be responsible for the general maintenance of the hot tub or sauna in your chalet (if applicable) during the season. Full training will be given on checking pH levels on a daily basis, cleaning and changing the water.
• To close down the chalet at the end of season so everything is correctly accounted for and handed back to line managers.
• To stand in for any role in resort and cover in the event of illness / injury.
• To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. This will include feedback for marketing purposes such as social media and will be deemed to be part of your role.
• Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
• Previous hospitality experience
• Previous staff management experience
• Excellent organisational skills
• A flexible, hands-on and pro-active approach
• Highly motivated and able to motivate others• Able to work on own initiative
• Good team player
• Previous cooking experience (formal qualifications not required)
• Previous chalet hosting experience
• Good public speaker• Good conversational French/German
• Experience of living and working abroad
• Experience of managing budgets, accounting, and handling cash