To manage all areas of a Skiworld chalet hotel kitchen, taking on overall responsibility for managing the kitchen team, cooking, cleaning and providing great customer service for our guests. To ensure that Company standards are maintained and improved wherever possible. To ensure that sales are maximised, that staff turnover is minimised, and that all sales, budget and customer satisfaction targets are achieved. To ensure that a high level of customer service is provided to Skiworld customers at all times.
• To set-up all kitchen operations prior to the commencement of the ski season to ensure the kitchen is fully prepared for the arrival of the first guests.
• To be on duty 6 days a week, including one ‘day in’ the Chalet Hotel (organised on a rota basis).
• To motivate and manage the performance of the kitchen team to ensure there is sufficient staff cover at all times, that maximum performance is attained and that staff turnover is minimised.
• To monitor the quality of food, cleanliness and service provided in the Chalet Hotel, conforming to Company standards.
• To provide customers with breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal (canapés, 2 choices of starter and dessert, a meat and vegetarian option for main course) in accordance with the Skiworld set menu plan and any special dietary requirements or requests.
• To maintain and monitor the cleanliness of the kitchen to conform to Company and local hygiene, health and safety standards. To carry out a deep clean at the start, middle and end of the season.
• To ensure food is correctly stored and prepared in accordance with Skiworld and local regulations, and in order to minimise wastage.
• To collate and complete all requested chalet hotel paperwork including Kitchen hygiene forms (to be completed daily), weekly chalet reports, questionnaires, accounts and end of season handover reports.
• To monitor and review the kitchen’s financial performance to ensure that it is being run within the allocated budget.
• To co-ordinate and take responsibility for all kitchen supplies, to include ordering (this is done together with the Chalet Hotel Manager) deliveries, stock-taking and liaising with suppliers to ensure the kitchen operates efficiently.
• To assume responsibility for all kitchen equipment to ensure it is well maintained and appropriately used, and to ensure a safe working environment.
• To liaise with the Chalet Hotel Manager ensuring that the kitchen receives all relevant information regarding guest arrivals and any special dietary requirements.
• To be available around the chalet hotel on transfer days from breakfast through to the last guests’ arrival.
• To close down kitchen operations at the end of the season so that everything is correctly accounted for and handed back to the Chalet Hotel Manager.
• To stand in for any role in resort and cover in the event of illness / injury.
• To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. This will include feedback for marketing purposes such as social media and will be deemed to be part of your role.
• Extensive cooking experience, catering for large numbers
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Previous staff management experience
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Highly motivated and able to motivate others
• Able to work on own initiative
• Good team player
• Excellent organisational skills
• A flexible hands-on and proactive approach
• Recognised cooking/catering qualification
• Previous ski season experience
• Previous direct customer service experience
• Good conversational French/German
• Experience of living and working abroad
• Full clean driving licence