about 1 year ago
We are looking for an experienced, creative & passionate Chef to join ‘Team Skizeen’ in the French Alps
Skizeen is a luxury ski holiday provider operating in Montriond , Portes Du Soleil ski area in the French Alps.
We are looking for a passionate and highly skilled Head Chef to lead the kitchen team at the award winning La Ferme Du Lac Vert, a restored 19th century Savoyard farmhouse. Food is at the heart of our product at Skizeen, we have built an unrivalled reputation in the area for providing the highest level of contemporary dining to our discerning guests.
- To produce a full cooked and continental breakfast, afternoon tea and creative modern European 5 course evening meals for up to 30 guests, 6 days per week.
- Keep within allocated budgets.
- Supervision, training and guidance of a kitchen team comprising of a Sous Chef and Commis Chef/KP.
- All aspects of ordering and stock rotation.
- Ensuring that all aspects of HACCP requirements are adhered to.
The Successful Candidate will
- Have at least 3 years experience cooking in high end, fine dining establishments.
- Be creative, passionate and dedicated to their craft with a good understanding of contemporary fine dining and the ability to inspire and lead an ambitious kitchen team.
- Be an outgoing ‘people person’ capable of interacting with guests and maintaining a positive relationship with their colleagues.
- Be equally willing to take and give direction.
- Be self motivated and confident in their ability to thrive in a demanding and high energy environment.
- Have a keen interest in snow sports and a passion for the mountains.
- Possess a rudimentary knowledge of French (not mandatory but preferred).
Can expect in return
- To work in a well equipped kitchen with access to a wide range of modern equipment including but not limited to Immersion circulators, Thermomix, Dehydrator, Bradley Smoker etc.
- Competitive salary.
- Full area Portes Du Soleil Ski Pass with 650 km of marked pistes spanning France and Switzerland.
- Sports insurance.
- Travel to and from resort.
- Accommodation and food.
- Ski / Snowboard hire for the duration of the winter season.