Are you the new Captain of Skiworld’s flagship kitchen, the Ski Lodge in Val d’Isere?
If a career running the pass of a highly respected restaurant or managing your own catering enterprise are in your future career aspirations, then this is the job you need. Sharpen your skills, hone your talent, express your passion and inspire a team of chefs whilst spending the winter in the famous ski resort of Val d’Isere.
You’ll lead a trained full kitchen team in the Skiworld Lodge, tantalising the guest’s taste buds and ensuring your food is a true highlight of their holiday. Opportunities to develop the Skiworld menu, train your staff and gain valuable business acumen for the future are just a few professional benefits you won’t find so easily elsewhere.
- Provide guests with breakfast, afternoon tea and a 4-course evening meal (with choices) in accordance with the Skiworld set menu plan and any special dietary requirements or requests.
- Maintain and monitor the cleanliness of the kitchen to conform to Company and local hygiene, health and safety standards. To orchestrate with your team, a deep clean at the start, middle and end of the season.
- Motivate and manage the performance of your kitchen team to ensure the kitchen is staffed and the team attain the best work-life-ski balance in the alps
- Co-ordinate and take responsibility for all kitchen supplies, to include ordering, deliveries, stock-taking and liaising with suppliers to ensure the kitchen operates efficiently.
- A talented and aspirational chef
- A confident and supportive leader
- An organised and committed team-player
- Motivated by excellence and able to inspire others
- Extensive cooking experience, catering for large numbers
- Top notch kitchen-based problem solving skills
- A flexible hands-on and proactive approach
- New ideas with regards to ingredients, dishes and menus
- An eagerness to progress your career
You can expect…
- Monthly salary
- Season ski pass
- Ski or snowboard equipment for the season
- Return travel from the UK
- Holiday Pay
- Up to 10% holiday discount for friends and family
- Chef Whites & Uniform
- Performance related incentives
- Loyalty bonus for returning staff