Rockley are looking to employ enthusiastic, experienced Chefs to run our kitchens, and along with your small team provide healthy, nutritious and tasty meals suitable for a variety of clients, at our 3 activity centres in South West France.
Our kitchens are purpose built on our Activity Centres, and provide a fun yet challenging environment to work in. Many of our catering teams come from winter season back grounds, chalet hosts, hotel cooks or assistant chefs or from previous summer seasons around the UK or abroad - so if you have a passion for the seasonal lifestyle and fancy swapping your snow boots for the sun and forest of the Landes region of France then Rockley might be just what you are looking for.
The majority of the people you will be catering for will be UK school children that come and visit us for week-long activity trips. Depending on your centre you could be catering for up to 250 clients and staff on a weekly basis.
There will also be the opportunity to earn budget based bonuses at the end of the season.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for the management of the kitchen team inc. kitchen rotas and paperwork.
- Produce menu plans to cater for a variety of clients and numbers.
- Be aware of the broad range of special dietary needs and be able to cater for them appropriately.
- The production of all food on centre.
- Managing of a small kitchen team.
- Ordering of food.
- Maintaining the catering budget.
- As a senior member of staff you will be expected to liaise with teachers and clients.
As a member of our French team you will be paid through the French pay system at a rate exceeding French NMW - in accordance with your role.
Ideally the right candidate will already hold Basic Food Hygiene Level 2 and have experience in running a small kitchen or section of a larger catering team.
Full UK drivers licence and the ability to speak basic French is desirable but not essential.