We are looking for young enthusiastic chefs to work in the kitchen of our busy English Style Bar/Restaurant based on a in the South of France. Our kitchen is new and state of the art.
In the role of Chef you will be responsible for :-
Assisting the Head Chef in the running of the kitchen
* Preparing, cooking and delivering fresh food items to the highest standard of quality and consistency
* Following recipes, and adjusting accordingly to appropriate quantities
* Running a full section of the service, and assisting other sections as required
* Maintaining high food quality standards, and adhere to nutritional guidance
* Cleaning and maintaining any equipment, utensils or areas used during working shift
To be considered for the Chef Job you must have:
* Prior chef experience including preparing meals from fresh ingredients
* An understanding of Food Hygiene practices
* Commitment and reliability with good communication skills
* Patience and good organizational skills
* A passion for food and creative flair using fresh ingredients
* Ability to work weekends.
* Self-motivated with a desire to learn and professionally develop.
It is desirable but not essential for the candidate to have some French Language ability.
There are at least 2 positions available, I position to start end of March to October. 1 Position for July and August.
Competitive salary based on local rates, possibility of payment to a uk account in sterling.
Accommodation available on request.
Meals offered before/after shift.
Staff discount in various areas of resort.