Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Leading by example, you will ensure that a consistent, high standard of cleanliness is maintained in all of the hotel areas under the responsibility of housekeeping and to keep within budget guidelines.
You will continually build and motivate your team to achieve results and constantly review operating procedures and expenditure in order to reduce cost and improve efficiency.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure the hotel is maintained to the agreed standards of cleanliness in all guest rooms, public areas and other areas as specified
- To be approachable and friendly at all times to guests helping to maintain a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere in the hotel
- Ensure a high standard are maintained and the hotel has the appropriate stock levels. Maintain/monitor the stock levels and cleaning of all hotel linen, uniforms and bed stock
- Constantly monitor results and work practices to ensure standards and budgets are maintained
- Train and monitor your staff on the correct and most cost-effective use of all machinery/chemicals within the housekeeping department
- Ensure the appropriate staffing levels are maintained in line with hotel occupancy and follow all legal obligations relating to staff and working hours
- Investigate and recommend any changes to work practices that could benefit to the hotel operation
- Ensure all H&S and HACCP guidelines are met and maintained throughout all work practices
- Develop positive working relationships within all the teams
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of Neilson products and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests.
- To carry out any other duties that help with the smooth running of overseas operations as directed by your line manager in resort
Qualifications and experience required:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience in similar standard and size operation of at least 6 months
- A formal hospitality qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Good knowledge of HK operations and use of machinery, chemicals, HACCP and H&S
- Relevant work experience
- Ability to display constant high levels of standards and service
- To be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with guests
- To be flexible with working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Hard working, self-motivated and work well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Hard working and honest
- Enjoys contact and conversing with a range of guests
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- Assertive when necessary and confident in presenting information clearly