Job Title: Head Ski Representative
Department: Neilson Ski
Location: European Ski Resorts
Reports to: Resort Supervisor/Area manager
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a Head Representative, you will ensure the Neilson Resort Team delivers an excellent standard of customer service to all guests staying in Neilson Mountain Collection Hotels, Chalets or 3rd party accommodations and achieve all pre-determined financial, sales, customer service targets.
You and your team of Ski Representatives will be the face of Neilson Active Holidays around the resort. You'll be happy to help, able to remain calm under pressure and to keep smiling whenever the going gets tough. Generally, the day will be structured around daily visits where you will check in with guests and make sure that they have everything they need for the perfect holiday.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To ensure that the best possible ski holiday experience is delivered to all Neilson guests staying in Neilson Mountain Collection, Chalets or contracted 3rd party accommodation.
- To set, monitor, and control key service performance indicators relating to the customers holiday including ski pack sales, transfers to the resort, customer service, problem resolution, and any other relevant metrics.
- To support, motivate and encourage members of the Ski Representative team, provide constant feedback and seek to improve the overall team performance.
- Identify any training needs and ensure that any necessary training is completed.
- In conjunction with your line manager, take responsibility and coordinate all staff work rosters, days off and payroll information.
- Achieve all set sales targets for ski pack and après ski products whilst ensuring that all company monies are correctly reported, recorded, and accounted for within Neilson financial reporting systems.
- Ensure that all guests are regularly visited and contacted to ensure that they receive a high level of customer service during their holiday.
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all guests.
- Establish good working relationships with our resort suppliers to ensure a strong, positive company image around the resort.
- To oversee the in-resort Neilson Mountain Experts (NME) programme of guiding and coaching sessions (for NMC properties) in conjunction with the locally selected ski school. These will specifically reflect the customer’s needs and provide exceptional customer service in line with company standards and procedures.
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Previous Head Representative & supervisory experience desirable
- Numerical Aptitude
- Experience of working overseas essential
- Ski or boarding experience essential
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to targets
- Language skills preferred
- Able to work on own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy in appearance
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual