Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! It's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a housekeeper, you will be responsible for the daily cleaning and upkeep of the hotel rooms and public areas, as directed by the Head Housekeeper/Chalet Hotel Manager. You will ensure any maintenance issues are recorded in line with procedures and you will help to create a welcoming and friendly environment within the hotel.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Cleanliness of hotel and public areas – always ensure that the hotel is maintained to the agreed standard of cleanliness in all guest rooms, public areas and other areas as per your housekeeping training
- To represent Neilson in a positive light at all times, both in the hotel and around the resort whilst providing any information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary
- Health and safety – Use all machinery and chemicals, as specified during pre-season training and ensure all HACCP and COSHH guidelines are met/maintained throughout all work practices
- Stock control – take responsibility for the ordering and stock control of all cleaning products and linen
- Investigate and recommend any changes to work practices that can bring benefit to the hotel operation
- Demonstrate an excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to all Neilson guests
- Carry out any additional duties to assist with the smooth running of the overseas operations as directed by your line manager
Qualifications and experience required:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- At least 6 months experience in a similar operation
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Display constant high levels of standards and service
- To be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with guests
- To be flexible with working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Competent with basic IT skills
- Hard working, self-motivated and work well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Honest, friendly and approachable in nature
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- An eye for detail