Job Role Summary:
Average wage £800 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package. The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application).
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
As a housekeeper, you will be responsible for the daily cleaning, upkeep of the hotel rooms and public areas, as directed by the Head Housekeeper and Chalet Hotel Manager.
You will ensure any maintenance issues are recorded in line with Neilson procedures and take pride in consistently creating a welcoming and friendly environment within the hotel.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure that the hotel is maintained to the agreed standard of cleanliness in all guest rooms, public areas and other areas as per your housekeeping training
- Always represent Neilson in a positive light, both in the hotel and around the resort
- Provide any information, help, and assistance to our guests wherever necessary
- Use all machinery and chemicals as specified during your pre-season training
- Ensure all HACCP/COSHH guidelines are met and maintained throughout all work practices
- Working closely with your line manager, you'll take responsibility for the ordering and stock control of all cleaning products and linen
- You'll investigate and recommend any changes to work practices that can benefit the hotel operation
- Carry out any additional duties to assist with the smooth running of the overseas operation as directed by your line manager
Qualifications and experience required:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Display consistently high standards and service
- To be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with our guests
- To be flexible with your working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Competent with basic IT skills
- Hard working, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Honest, friendly and approachable in nature
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- An eye for detail
- Able to cope with long/unsocial hours