LEAD CREATIVE DESIGNER – FOCUS ON ALPINE SPORTS (SKI)
The HEAD Sports Creative Studio based in London, UK is expanding and is, therefore, looking for energetic, entrepreneurial and multidisciplinary people to join us in achieving our vision of cutting-edge performance at all levels.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious LEAD CREATIVE DESIGNER for our Creative Studio. Ultimately, you should be able to bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive and compelling story. This role will involve traveling to some of the world’s major ski racing events and be working closely with our film and media crews to produce exciting content in a quick turnaround time. Important: the role will sometimes entail working (and skiing) on ski slopes in all kinds of conditions and levels of difficulty and you must, therefore, be an experienced and expert skier who thrives with the challenge.
When you’re not on location at a major sporting event, you’ll be working with our creative team on the ideation, creation, and production of the many marketing and communication projects we produce for our various digital channels (web, mobile, social media, apps, interactive, film, video, etc.) Candidates should be bursting with ideas and passion for digital design and have an obsessive interest in sports (particularly ski and alpine sports), digital innovation and pixel perfection. As a person with significant creative digital experience, you’ll be expected to translate multi-channel briefs into user-centric experiences that translate well across all devices. Additionally, you must love to craft ideas through innovative tech and inspire those around you.
You have to ski very well in order to be considered for this job and demonstrate alpine sports in your design portfolio.
- Working across multiple digital channels to produce innovative and high quality for all our digital platforms
- Experience in leading and being hands-on in fulfilling full 360 cross-platform brand and product campaigns – from creative conception to delivery
- Aid in building our teams and culture
- Scope to manage junior members of the team
- Use your experience and nous to get the best out of others around you
- Improving usability, functionality, and aesthetics across all digital media
- Demonstrating an understanding of web development and platforms to inform design decisions
- Understanding of the ‘red line’ and experienced in thinking how your ideas can expend cross-media, from film to digital to experiential to print
- Continually maintain awareness of customer user behavior in order to maximize their experience and generate sales
- Passionate about keeping up-to-date with changes in design and technology and knowledge sharing with the team
- Aid the wider creative and marketing teams in the understanding and production of cutting-edge digital design
- Artworking and prepping assets for Print
You will need 5+ years’ experience working as a Digital Designer who is used to working with developing multi-platform campaigns. You will need to show commitment and determination to help our brand develop and stand out on all digital platforms. As well, you must be proficient in using the most up-to-date editing software, graphic design software and hardware.
- Naturally creative and imaginative with a strong eye for detail
- Have led 360 cross-platform campaigns from a creative brief to delivery, both conceptually and executionally.
- A keen eye for premium, luxurious brand experiences across all digital channel
- A brilliant digital portfolio of recent cross-platform, multi-device UI work, demonstrating
UI and responsive best practice
- Application of user-centered design across all
- Understanding of web accessibility and its impact on design
- Ability to weave in a high degree of interactivity into creative concepts to maximize
the user experience
- Understanding creating well-crafted social media experiences (still and moving)
- Experience working closely and effectively with developers in turning designs into an effective digital experience
- Ability to work with developers to produce and test the functionality of the end product
- Sound understanding of computer technology and the technical processes involved as well
as responsive front-end design best practice
- A master of industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages
- You must have experience preparing print ready assets and familiar with printing practice
- A team player who thrives working alongside colleagues and external consultants across
a wide range of briefs
- Organised, self-motivated and able to work efficiently to tight deadlines
- Understanding what appeals to different target audiences
- Flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria
- A keen interest in the future of interactive media, particularly digital technologies, as well as in commercial trends and innovations (e.g. special effects, photography, film, sound, animation, etc.)
If this is the sort of career opportunity you’re looking for, please apply with a cover letter, CV, and portfolio!