In conjunction with the Lodge Manager, to assume responsibility for managing all areas of Lodge operations, in order to ensure Company standards are maintained, staff turnover is minimised and a high level of service is provided to Skiworld customers at all times.
• To assist in the set-up of operations prior to the commencement of the ski season to ensure the lodge is fully prepared for the arrival of the first guests.
• To be on duty 6 days a week, with one ‘day-in’ the lodge (organised on a rota basis) and to be on call 24 hours a day in case of emergency. To act as Duty Manager in the absence of the Lodge Manager.
• To assist in motivating and managing the performance of the lodge team to ensure maximum performance is attained and staff turnover is minimised.
• To set and monitor the level and quality of service provided in the lodge to conform to Company standards.
• In conjunction with the Lodge Manager ensure there is sufficient staff cover in the lodge at all times.
• To deal with any customer queries in order to ensure a high level of customer service at all times. To man reception (on a rota basis) and to help present a weekly welcome speech for the guests.
• To ensure that cleaning products, wine and linen supplies for the property are correctly managed.
• To establish an excellent working relationship with suppliers resulting in the timely delivery of orders/services and the creation of a positive impression of the Company.
• To assume responsibility for all Skiworld property and equipment to ensure it’s well maintained and appropriately used.
• To assist in duties the lodge on transfer days from breakfast through to the last guests’ arrival.
• To ensure operations are effectively closed down at the end of season so everything is correctly accounted for and handed back to the Resort Manager.
• To oversee the performance of the Lodge Hosts and ensure company standards are met at all times.
• To stand in for any role in resort and cover in the event of illness / injury.
• To perform such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. This will include feedback for marketing purposes such as social media and will be deemed to be part of your role.
• Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
• Previous hospitality experience
• Previous staff management experience
• A flexible, hands-on and proactive approach
• Highly motivated and able to motivate others
• Able to work on own initiative and solve problems alone
• Good team player
• Strong communication skills
• Highly organised
• Previous ski season experience
• Good conversational French/German
• Previous hotel management experience
• Advanced level of skiing/snowboarding
• Good public speaker
• Fluent French/German
• Experience of living and working abroad
• Experience of managing budgets, stocktaking, accounting, and handling cash