- Ideally over 23 years old
- UK bank account/NI number
- Exceptional cook (Must have previous kitchen/dinner party experience or NVQ2)
- Knowledge of French an asset
- Full UK driving license
Providing excellent food & service to guests, ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen & chalet and maintaining company standards. Training and overseeing the two other Chalet Chefs. Producing the Chalet menu and maintaining budgets.
- Training and overseeing the two other Chalet Chef
- Producing a high-quality menu guide for the Chalet Chef’s
Stocktaking and weekly budgeting
- Overseeing weekly shopping
- Providing a Gourmet meal service to our self-catered properties upon request (this is on a commission basis)
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness within the chalet kitchens and storage areas
- Ensuring the chalet is in excellent condition on guest’s arrival
- Assisting with other team members as & when required
- Preparing canapés for welcome
- Welcoming new arrivals/bidding farewell to departing guests on transfer day
- Cooking and presentation of breakfast
- Baking a cake for afternoon teas
- Preparing pre-dinner nibbles
- Cooking and presentation of a 3-course dinner 6 times per week for 10-16 guests
- Ensuring kitchen is clean at all times
- Shopping for food
- Assisting in daily chalet cleaning
- Preparing staff meals for up to 7 people on a rota basis
- Deep clean of the chalet for changeover days
- Ensuring honesty bar, cleaning products, gas, light bulbs etc are well stocked
- Assisting with any requests, queries or problems guests may have
- Reporting any problems to resort manager
Must be enthusiastic, hardworking, positive, self-motivated and a good team player.
The role requires being highly organised and keen to follow a French influenced set menu. Working together with the resort head chef you will provide a 3 course meal to the standards of restaurant level.
Excellent standards of hygiene & cleanliness are essential.
The hours are long and the job is physically demanding (especially on changeover days where it can involve a full day) so having a positive attitude is essential.
Guests must come first at all times and should be cared for in a warm and friendly manner to ensure they have a successful and great holiday.
Although the job is challenging, it is also highly rewarding and you will get time for lots of fun.
Competitive weekly salary, one day off/week, shared accommodation in resort, food,
uniform, perks, ski pass, ski/board hire, travel allowance to and from UK.