We are recruiting for a boutique lodge hotel manager with previous hotel management experience. Someone who is interested in the great outdoors, prepared to live in a remote region of the Arctic, a leader and motivator of a small team of staff. Dedicated to the duty of care for both guests and staff.
The Lodge is located in the heart of Northern Norway and is surrounded by dramatic mountains in a pristine Arctic landscape, 2,5hrs north from Tromsø city in Northern Norway.
It is a luxury boutique lodge hotel catering for 16 guests in 8 en suite offering world-wide discerning guests a complete luxurious Arctic adventure experience for all seasons of the year. The Lodge has earned a global reputation for high quality personable service, world-class cuisine and in- house guided adventures into a pristine Arctic wilderness. The essence of the concept is combining adventure and relaxation in a home away from home environment.
Winter season - November to March offers northern lights, dog sledding, snow shoeing, snowmobiles, ice fishing and cross country skiing. March to May offers specialized high mountain ski touring weeks.
Summer - June to September provides guests with midnight sun, wild canyon rivers and waterfalls, mountain biking, hiking and glacier walking. October is closed for annual development.
The manager Position
A live in role, in private single apartment attached via a separate wing of the lodge.
The lodge hotel manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the lodge and the staff team of eight including, activity guides, chef, house keeping and drivers. The Lodge offers exclusive package holidays for discerning guests. All bookings and package structure is handled by the booking and finance office located in Oslo city. The lodge manager is in close daily contact with the Head Office.
The manager is to uphold standards, budgets and systems set by the owners and is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of quality and duty of care to guests and staff.
- Communicating between booking office in Oslo and the lodge for arriving guests
- Preparing for the season ahead, staff training, setting up and maintaining systems.
- Planning and organizing accommodation, activities, transportation and catering.
- Planning work schedules for staff members.
- Meeting and greeting guests.
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring events/seminars/parties run smoothly.
- Managing budgets.
* Experience from a hospitality businesses
* Previous management experience
* Mac computer and program user
* Flexible in approach to working tasks, solution finding * Presentable and professional at all times
* Attention to detail
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Good listening skills and the ability to anticipate customers needs
* Ability to work across all levels and functions of the Company under own initiative in a highly pressured.
* Full EU Drivers License
* Minimum one year placement
Monthly wage of 40,000 Norwegian Kroner.
Provided is insurance, private manager apartment, use of staff car.
All applicants are required to be 25 years of age and above.