Maintenance: Val d'Isere, Courchevel or Meribel. All PW French resorts.
Powder White are looking for highly competent and skilled trades people to join our resort teams for Winter 2017/18. Working closely with your Resort Management team and Chalet staff, your role requires you to work on the front line and have regular guest interaction.
Whether you are doing transfers to Geneva or Chambery or whether you are re-plumbing a loo, re-fixing a shelf or delivering wine to chalets, you will need to be calm, well-presented and professional at all times.
A large part of the role is taking responsibility for the Powder White resort vehicles and resort/chalet supplies logistics; this, combined with being a rock to your resort team and providing support and backup to the management, requires you to hold a really strong work ethic, be sociable and open to turning your hand to anything. This role is a great role but its an incredibly hard-working role which often results in long hours, so only the strong and determined to succeed need apply...
So What Does the Role Involve..?
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
• Responsibility for resort storage area, overseeing stock inventories & continual monitoring of PW assets/guest supplies.
• Stock-taking of wood, wine/champagne and bathroom goodies ensuring accurate records are kept for successful re-ordering.
• Ensuring all properties and appliances are fully operational and in good working order. This will find you being involved with basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry work.
• Ensuring H&S practices are followed across the resort.
• Taking full responsibility of the resort vehicles; undertaking airport transfers, offering in-resort shuttle service and driving yourself and your passengers with the utmost care, attention and safety, often under challenging weather conditions.
• Ensuring that the vans themselves are well looked after, secure and clean, as well as being kitted out with all the relevant safety equipment.
• Working seamlessly with your managers and hosts ensuring the most memorable Powder White experience is delivered (for all the right reasons!)
What Experience & Qualities do You Need..?
• Previous experience of working within a client facing role, able to deal with sometimes difficult and challenging situations in changing environments and the ability to think pro-actively and logically to resolve situations quickly.
• Excellent trade experience and knowledge with a good understanding of plumbing, carpentry and electrics.
• A strong work ethic and can-do attitude; being prepared to turn your hand to anything and get the job done.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, for recording stock-takes and Property Maintenance Checks
• And last but not least... a great sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
• EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
• UK bank account
• A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
The above will help you prepare for your interview with Powder White.
Good luck and see you soon.